Hit a deer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was traveling on the highway around 10am and deer ran out in front of me. Truck is at the shop now and waiting on insurance to assess it. Pretty bummed, but we'll see what happens.

You guys think this is enough damage to total the truck? I'd love to buy it back for the right price and continue building it out. Had a deaver + svc bumpstop kit that was going on it next and had more plans for the front end.

2020 802A, blue recaro, moonroof, carbon fiber 51k miles

View attachment 430705
View attachment 430706
Wow. Did a number on your truck. How big was that deer? Since you now have the FO on your grill you should insert SHO. Hope everyone was all right.

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Did a number on your truck. How big was that deer? Since you now have the FO on your grill you should insert SHO. Hope everyone was all right.
It was a 6pt, probably about 120lbs.

insurance estimate came back at 15,5xx. They didn't itemize anything related to the frame horns, intercooler, few other small things. Waiting to chat with the body shop tomorrow. Hopefully can get to a better figure before tearing it all down.

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elected to do the work myself. Locked in some goodies through the black friday sales. SVC baja bumper, ADV +2 fronts, SVC intercooler, morimoto headlights. My buddy is going to handle the fender work + paint.

Will share some pics once things get mounted up. Waiting on SVC parts for another few weeks most likely.

welndmn

Reaction score
elected to do the work myself. Locked in some goodies through the black friday sales. SVC baja bumper, ADV +2 fronts, SVC intercooler, morimoto headlights. My buddy is going to handle the fender work + paint.

Will share some pics once things get mounted up. Waiting on SVC parts for another few weeks most likely.
I am curious how this all works.
I hate to sound like one of those people, but your insurance is/was insuring a car valued at X amount, how do they know you actually took they check they issued and repaired your car and didn't just spend that money on hookers and blow?
Is there an inspection after? Oh, maybe you're in one of those states with annual safety inspections and they just make you do that?
I've never had to go though insurance, all my cars were crapboxes until the raptor.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I hate to sound like one of those people, but your insurance is/was insuring a car valued at X amount, how do they know you actually took they check they issued and repaired your car and didn't just spend that money on hookers and blow?
Is there an inspection after? Oh, maybe you're in one of those states with annual safety inspections and they just make you do that?
I've never had to go though insurance, all my cars were crapboxes until the raptor.
they don't care for the most part

OP
OP
dbalt

dbalt

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think insurance cares, but the truck is paid off anyways.

Josh84

Reaction score
You can do whatever you want with the money and you do not have to repair the vehicle. The problem can be if your vehicle gets damaged again the insurance company will most likely hold it against you and may refuse to repair new damage.