GEN 2 Highest mileage Gen 2, Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's another video of the turbo boost guage. I don't know how accurate it is, but it seems to show a lack of pressure build up. There's definitely less power than there should be on the throttle. Noise is coming from the passenger side turbo. I checked every heatshield I could and they all seemed fastened correctly. The noise wasn't coming from the wastegates on either side.

Do you think the turbo could be failing? Any idea on what replacement cost is? If I need to do that plus the cam phasers all out of warranty...I may start looking at buying something else.
That’s is definitely concerning; both the lack of boost and the noise. I’d recommend having it diagnosed before it gets worse and there’s a catastrophic failure.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another video of the turbo boost guage. I don't know how accurate it is, but it seems to show a lack of pressure build up. There's definitely less power than there should be on the throttle. Noise is coming from the passenger side turbo. I checked every heatshield I could and they all seemed fastened correctly. The noise wasn't coming from the wastegates on either side.

Do you think the turbo could be failing? Any idea on what replacement cost is? If I need to do that plus the cam phasers all out of warranty...I may start looking at buying something else.
@uppitycitizen have you checked your intercooler piping. I had a small leak that eventually turned into the hot side popping off and was basically running on all motor and no turbos. You could have a leak somewhwre thats lettting all your boost eacape if that makes sense.

Reptarz

Reaction score
Just picked up a Raptor with 130k. Installed the Cobb AP to solve that Clunky transmission these cars have. Car drives amazing now. Truck has been maintained well with all service requirements being taken care of. Wanted something I can build up. I do hear the cam phasers tho. Anyone in socal know of a good shop?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just picked up a Raptor with 130k. Installed the Cobb AP to solve that Clunky transmission these cars have. Car drives amazing now. Truck has been maintained well with all service requirements being taken care of. Wanted something I can build up. I do hear the cam phasers tho. Anyone in socal know of a good shop?
The transmission strat is one that learns based on driving habit. The previous driver probably had poor habits or one that was contrary to yours. You can have the dealer clear the memory and learn your style. Cobb also will do that sort of but not really.