GEN 2 Highest mileage Gen 2, Who has it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Misfit_1122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
165k on my 17. Blew stock motor at 104k.
Were you tuned, what caused the engine to go? Trying to figure out what I really need to keep my eyes on as I plan to keep this truck forever and eventually turn it more into a recreational vehicle and not a daily driver. I have been consistent with properly gapped spark plug changes every 20k and oil every 6-8k.

I'm about to click over 100k and seem to be way more worried these days. I drive her pretty hard on the street and occasionally offroad when i get the chance but she has always been rock solid.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was tuned after about 7k miles, and always changed my oil on time and regular maintenancestuff. Never had a single issue and one day I was cruising at 75 and bumped the brake to disengage the cruise and that was it. The picture is what was in the oil pan when we pulled it.
I don't blame the tune or tuner at all. Its was just time I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.jpg
    IMG_1215.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 51

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was tuned after about 7k miles, and always changed my oil on time and regular maintenancestuff. Never had a single issue and one day I was cruising at 75 and bumped the brake to disengage the cruise and that was it. The picture is what was in the oil pan when we pulled it.
I don't blame the tune or tuner at all. Its was just time I guess.

So you all did the swap? Pan down pan up?

Cost and time?

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came out of my pocket. I went back with a RMB forged 3.5 long block, Ported heads, CRP stage 4 turbos, CRP manifolds, and XDI-EVO HPFP so it cost a nice pretty penny and one kidney. And then there was install. I'd have to look back for the real number but just guessing it was 17-18k plus install.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came out of my pocket. I went back with a RMB forged 3.5 long block, Ported heads, CRP stage 4 turbos, CRP manifolds, and XDI-EVO HPFP so it cost a nice pretty penny and one kidney. And then there was install. I'd have to look back for the real number but just guessing it was 17-18k plus install.
Christ. Ok...

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough @dillard09

If/when mine goes, I am going to Ryan and getting an engine done. Just the minimums though...nothing too aggressive. If I go aggressive then I have to upgrade brakes/suspension etc etc. I don't think the stock stuff can handle over 650wheel. IMO....