GEN 1 Potentially trading gen 2 for same mileage gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f33d

Reaction score
I took this really good condition gen 1 for a ride yesterday. I’ve been eyeballing the option to trade for a 6.2. It has 60k miles but I do have some concerns on rust in NY. hitch is super rusted out and some of the cross bars under the bed are in pretty rough condition. Frame looks ok but on the opposite side under the bed is getting some heavy rot on these cross members under the bed. My current truck has rust something I should pass the headache on?IMG_0088.jpegIMG_0087.jpegIMG_0090.jpeg

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
The hitch is meh easy fix with a new one. The rest would be a are you willing to spend the time and money to fix it since itll only get worse. Id be more concerned with the rockers and cab corner condition. Does it have a sunroof? Thatll lead to faster cab corner issues.

Im a bit further up northeast of ny so i feel the rust pain….

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being in MI, rust is probably the most concerning thing when looking at a used vehicle.
Mine isn't mint, but does have nice cab corners and rockers which makes it pretty rare around here.
Undercoating has kept mine mint through two Michigan winters. Purchased a few years ago from from the original owner in Oklahoma. Highly recommend if you want to keep that rust at bay. But yeah, no way am I trading an aluminum truck for the same mileage steel truck in the rust belt.

IMG_20220221_170110.jpg

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my Gen 1's but I would not be trading for an older truck that already has that much rust started.
It would have to be an extremely cheap truck..In that case I would keep the G2 and get the 1 if you just had to have it..