hennessey CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what everyone is trying to say is the Raptor has plenty of power to overdrive the suspension as it is. After the Texas Raptor run I havent heard anyone say they were going to add more power, heard suspension, bumpstops, frame reinforcement, tires, etc... Nothing about the Raptor being under powered....
I dont think anyone is trying to bash on hennessy (not yet at least). Just saying getting suspension mods is a wiser use of money, instead of more power!

-Greg

^^x2 the way to go

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the past...like over 10 years ago.

If you've got the money and want the name, Hennessey is a great option for performance.

No. I had a very lengthy go-around with a Hennessey rep on the "Z" just last year. He was touting double digit horsepower gains as well as MPG gains with just the Hennessey CAI. I pressed him repeatedly over a period of months for proof. At first he promised to find some dyno time, then he pretended he'd made no such promise, then he tried to justify his claims via unsupported argument, and then he questioned why I needed to know. It was a lengthy exchange that revealed a great deal. My efforts to get to the truth were what got me banned for life from the "Z", and that's how I wound up here at formum nirvana on FRF. Again, this was just last year. Take it or leave it.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. I had a very lengthy go-around with a Hennessey rep on the "Z" just last year. He was touting double digit horsepower gains as well as MPG gains with just the Hennessey CAI. I pressed him repeatedly over a period of months for proof. At first he promised to find some dyno time, then he pretended he'd made no such promise, then he tried to justify his claims via unsupported argument, and then he questioned why I needed to know. It was a lengthy exchange that revealed a great deal. My efforts to get to the truth were what got me banned for life from the "Z", and that's how I wound up here at formum nirvana on FRF. Again, this was just last year. Take it or leave it.

I like totally remember that, totally.. Lol

for a decals, stickers, and custom headrests. It is not worth the money (there are exceptions, very few). It is your truck and money, do what you want.

-Greg

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
This depend on the package you get. If you are doing a total sc velociraptor package it is worth the money as hennessy is listed on nada and kbb good for resale. If you want a tune and cai go elsewhere

griffinoil

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bryson,

I bought a 2012 Raptor a month ago in Arlington TX and had it shipped to Hennessey for the Velociraptor 600 package. Took delivery of the truck with the Hennessey package 1 week ago. Overall I am happy with the mod, but I have a few issues:

1) Their published dyno sheet shows ~ 479 rwhp, my dyno sheet they gave my for my truck shows 453 rwhp.

2) Throttle response seems a little sluggish. I thought this thing would jump off the line. Maybe I am being too hard here, just seems like it should be more responsive.

3) Biggest concern is from a cold start (at least 30 minutes shut down). Once I turn the key, it takes 3-4 seconds before the engine starts. Very painful to me. That can't be right. Hennessey says it is due to the upgraded fuel injectors and that they have to refill before the computer will let the truck start. I'm not buying it and will continue to press them. I have been talking with too many people now that have Roush TVS superchargers and upgraded injectors that do not have this issue.

SCOTTYSSPEEDSHOP:

Do you have this issue? (#3)

How is your throttle response?

Thanks

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyones statement about the Raptor have plenty of power. I for one have a 5.4L and have never had an issues, you just have to drive it correctly and be ready for them conditions when extra power would be nice but higher RPM's takes care of. Put your cash into the suspension and frame reinforcement.

I think what everyone is trying to say is the Raptor has plenty of power to overdrive the suspension as it is. After the Texas Raptor run I havent heard anyone say they were going to add more power, heard suspension, bumpstops, frame reinforcement, tires, etc... Nothing about the Raptor being under powered....
I dont think anyone is trying to bash on hennessy (not yet at least). Just saying getting suspension mods is a wiser use of money, instead of more power!

-Greg