hennessey CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Which package are you getting?

If you plan on doing off roading I would suggest a CAI that has a cover like the AFE or Volant. I'd voice your concerns to Hennessey and see what they say.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cost of their tune probable amounts to the price of a Whipple supercharger or not far off.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider it. In the past Hennessey has hyped preposterous performace gains and has been unable or unwilling to substantiate them with dyno charts.

LSURaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run one. Sounds good. Don't know how much power it gives on its own thouh. Probably very little to none, just like all the rest of them.

With the rest of the stuff they add to the package, you should see some nice gains though. You could also piece together your own package for cheaper but I suspect there's a little additional value in the Hennesey stuff when you go to sell. I think they keep the warranty in tact as well.

For my money, I'd spend the bucks on suspension. The truck has plenty of power.
I wouldn't use the Hennessey intake for serious offroad. If I'm lucky enough to make it to the Texas Raptor Run next year, I plan on just using my stock airbox. I really want to do at least RPG Stage 3 before I get to beating around on it too much though. If you've got the money to do both, great. If you don't, I strongly suggest you spend the money elsewhere.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider it. In the past Hennessey has hyped preposterous performace gains and has been unable or unwilling to substantiate them with dyno charts.

In the past...like over 10 years ago.

If you've got the money and want the name, Hennessey is a great option for performance.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think what everyone is trying to say is the Raptor has plenty of power to overdrive the suspension as it is. After the Texas Raptor run I havent heard anyone say they were going to add more power, heard suspension, bumpstops, frame reinforcement, tires, etc... Nothing about the Raptor being under powered....
I dont think anyone is trying to bash on hennessy (not yet at least). Just saying getting suspension mods is a wiser use of money, instead of more power!

-Greg