Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I domt understand lets clarify..
You had a leveling kit, amd top perch at the same time correct?
Thatsbwhy you had to replace axles and ring and pinions. I eve had to replace some of this stuff from just being on top. And you had no problems until you went to middle?
Is the leveling kit still on?
My advice is to get rid of thatnleveling kit shit because it does more damage than its worth, its really useless and you can really screw your shit up with leveling kits, thats why these shocks came with adjustments so you wouldnt have to buy a leveling kit.
Your lucky your dealer fixed your stuff... Perch adjustement and leveling kit, must of broke something. My cv angles are already ****** from just being on top.
My advice is to check all your components one by one, your the first person who i ran nto that has a kit and perch.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Can't search for you right now, but do a search for big J's post on leveling kits.. They really mess up your truck bad. Might be your problem

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but the dealership wouldnt instal a leveling kit aftermarket regardless.... Unless he is not in canada/usa.
All leveling kits are aftermarket components.
But you are right the dealership ****** up.
On top perch then upper cv boot angle ismalready at an extreme, i cant imagine withna extra 2 inch leveling kit, no wonder it would mess up.
Im thinking the bearings either in the wheel hub or inside the upper cv joint. When i drove to detroit to pick up my parts i sometimes heard a faint grinding/draging sound, not too bad but i heard it. Afterall i knew my truck was fked up after the trail riding i did so it wasnt a surprise that something was wrong
-Alex

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
If you take a look at. Raptor on top perch. The articulation angles of the upper cv boot on the cv shaft just never looks right. Im sure someone that has far more mechanical knowledge can commment on this too perhaps rpg? Others?
Its a fact that top perch puts more stress on the suspension components especially the cv shafts. Hence why i finally pulled the trigger on aftermarket rcv shafts, they have a greater articulation angle of the joints, meaning your joints arent under that stress.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you take a look at. Raptor on top perch. The articulation angles of the upper cv boot on the cv shaft just never looks right. Im sure someone that has far more mechanical knowledge can commment on this too perhaps rpg? Others?
Its a fact that top perch puts more stress on the suspension components especially the cv shafts. Hence why i finally pulled the trigger on aftermarket rcv shafts, they have a greater articulation angle of the joints, meaning your joints arent under that stress.

I agree.. At top perch full lock or full droop the cv joint is close to binding and will pinch the stiff cv boot. Causing a tear, moisture/contaminants to entering the joint. If you drive around in 2wd on top perch there is no issue with cv, because the front axle does not turn in 2wd. Once you start playing hard in 4wd on top perch, you will eat the cv boot.
Seeing more and more 2012's on top perch having issues with cv joints and steering. There might have been some minor change between model years causing this issue. I will be also going to RCV axles on my truck..

-Greg