GEN 2 Help With Hood Decals Bubbling And Creasing - Searched - This is beyond popping bubbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbiker207

Reaction score
Find another dealer. My dealer put a claim into Ford and replacement is covered. This is what mine look like for reference.

Attachments

• 20220429_105820.jpg
    20220429_105820.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220429_110307.jpg
    20220429_110307.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
B

Basil S2K

Reaction score
2019 Raptor

Back again.... I removed the hood graphics (stickers, graphics just sounds better) while they cam off pretty clean I was left with residue that I had to scrape off without damaging the paint, took hours.

I now have the same problem on the rear fenders, these are coming off on their own and are NOT coming off clean at all.

Seems like a 2019 problem. Thanks for the advise on getting them back on from the dealer but it seems like I'll just go through this every few years.

For now my question is How do I get the residue off easily without damaging the paint? assuming that others have gone through the same.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 Raptor

Back again.... I removed the hood graphics (stickers, graphics just sounds better) while they cam off pretty clean I was left with residue that I had to scrape off without damaging the paint, took hours.

I now have the same problem on the rear fenders, these are coming off on their own and are NOT coming off clean at all.

Seems like a 2019 problem. Thanks for the advise on getting them back on from the dealer but it seems like I'll just go through this every few years.

For now my question is How do I get the residue off easily without damaging the paint? assuming that others have gone through the same.
Maxima SC-1, takes off any type of sticker / decal glue or residue. You can get it at any dirt bike shop.

OP
OP
B

Basil S2K

Reaction score
my buddy who is a detailing geek suggested Citrol as I was worried about the paint, helped a little but was not a game changer.