GEN 2 Help With Hood Decals Bubbling And Creasing - Searched - This is beyond popping bubbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if clay barring the area or getting a clay mitt and going over it after washing would take off some of the residue that will be left from removing it. Then polishing THEN waxing .Just a thought….

raptor556

Reaction score
I wonder if clay barring the area or getting a clay mitt and going over it after washing would take off some of the residue that will be left from removing it. Then polishing THEN waxing .Just a thought….
alright, sticker removing process.

pretty easy.

1. get a heat gun. They are powerful so don't fry your hand. just heat the sticker up nice and evenly. blowdryers are too slow. If you don't have a heat gun, get one, they are cheap and every home comes up with things to use them on.

2. peel the sticker

3. if you have residue, use goo gone.

4. wash (then polish if needed, probably won't be)

5. re wax

6. drink a beer and admire your hood that no longer has those stupid stickers

I've often thought of removing the ones on my bedside that some fool paid 1k for. But they don't bother me too much.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I like the hood graphic, it really helps keep the glare down. Pics help but I’d just have ford replace them under warranty If you want to keep them.

tone228

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have a 2019 Raptor with hood decals, the decals bubble a bit in the summer heat which is minor but now I have really large bubbles close to the edge. Rainwater and dust are getting in there and I need some help with how to get them back on.

Figured that I would check here before I waste time on what I think should be done.

Searched around and didn't see this question posted, then again I've been up late and haven't had much coffee.

Thanks for any help or direction here.
If you're still within warranty, Ford might cover this.

OP
OP
B

Basil S2K

Reaction score
Thanks all, sorry been away. Has no idea these could be covered under warranty. Will ask.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 2019 Raptor. I took it to the dealership had it replaced. It took months for them to get the decal but it worked out well in the end. I think Ford must have had a new employee installing them at the time. If memory serves me, the build date on my truck was June of 2019. Took delivery on June 28, 2019. It do remember that it was built in the last week of Raptor production for the 2019 model year.

dbiker207

Reaction score
On my new to me truck; the passenger side graphic shrunk, peeled and has bubbles. I took it to the dealer and ford is replacing it under warranty.

It's a 2019. March 19 build.