help Two honks no remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this week I had to replace my power steering pump. I also installed a new factory ford visor with a garage door opener built in. To install the p/s pump and rpg resivoir, I removed my add bumper which didn't require me to unplug any wire other than my rigid light bar and my mass air flow sensor. I now cannot remote start my truck and everytime I remotely lock my truck it beeps twice. This usually means a door is open. When I run a sys. check all doors show closed. The last time I remotely started my truck I opened the hood and it shut the truck off. So There must be a hood switch somewhere but I cant seem to find it. Mayb because its always dark and I'm half drunk by the time I get doing everything else that needs done. What can I say I like beer!! The truck is now back together runs great except for this little issue. If anyone has any system reset info, location of the hood switch or any info I may have over looked that would be awsome!!

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two things, If you disconnected the battery or updated a tune, etc. You must drive the truck at least once before it will remote start.

Also the hood switch is on the driver side by the coolant expansion tank

OP
OP
Hole Shot

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty obvious!!! I really didn't look that hard or must have been real drunk. My neighbor who was chatting me up while I was working must have bent the bracket with his elbow. It didn't look out of place but I bent it up a little and voila one beep and remote start works again. Thanks for doing the foot work I was too lazy to do gentleman!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luke13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enjoy that beer after the truck is fixed, best enjoyed while driving a dirt road way out in the sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk