GEN 2 Help needed! Both key locked inside the car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
If you push the bottom two buttons on the pad it will lock the doors with the keys in the car. That’s what I do sometimes at the beach or getting wet.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tool used to be called a Slim Jim, and it used to be available at auto parts stores. Some law enforcement officers still carry them to rescue motorists who have self-stranded. It won't work on a lot of newer vehicles, though, and I am genuinely surprised that it worked on a Raptor.

I’m willing to bet they used a lockout kit. Slim Jim’s are a thing of the past

OP
OP
S

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty much a thing of the past too! ;)
So please bring me up to date. What is a lockout kit, and how does it work?
I have a video, i try to post-it (i need to ask the owner first) but the tool is not visible clearly. Who knows about the tool for sure will find out what is ist from the movement of hand.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s not how it works. Also, the door is programmed from the factory.

If you press the bottom two numbers at the same time it locks the truck. If the guy didn't know if stock combo, there you go. Locked out with keys inside and no way in. I regularly lock my truck with the number pad when it's running with the key inside, because I don't want to listen to the double honk when I get out.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you press the bottom two numbers at the same time it locks the truck. If the guy didn't know if stock combo, there you go. Locked out with keys inside and no way in. I regularly lock my truck with the number pad when it's running with the key inside, because I don't want to listen to the double honk when I get out.
You can fix that with Forscan!