Drivers door lock punched out, Raptor broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoreyMac

Reaction score
My Gen1 was broken into yesterday while it was parked at work. Middle of the day no regard for cameras or traffic blowing by. I cant stand degenerate thieves… funny thing is I keep nothing of value inside my Rap because I live in SoCal and this is bound to happen. They got away with a cheap pair of sunglasses and an iPhone car charger that I had out of sight in the center console. PATHETIC
Called local sheriff and they came out for police report and even dusted for fingerprints and got a few on my glass and door that weren’t mine! Fingers crossed! I also have front and rear dashcams that recorded everything and I’m narrowing down the time that he was in my Rap. I’ve included a pic of dirtbag and his car. Any help on the make of the car would greatly help, I’m thinking Chevy Cruz? Also if anyone could recommend a strong theft deterrent.. I’ve ordered the punch plug for the new hole he gave me. Should I put passenger door handle on drivers side? I use my keypad often and I really don’t want to lose it. TIA!!

Attachments

• 1E414C09-CE80-4FCF-8B93-BD18D073BA87.jpeg
    1E414C09-CE80-4FCF-8B93-BD18D073BA87.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 238
  • 4D406D64-9694-4A91-A90C-5E4E3AE81894.jpeg
    4D406D64-9694-4A91-A90C-5E4E3AE81894.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 0EFB2944-A81D-4954-820A-98CE43E4F6D9.jpeg
    0EFB2944-A81D-4954-820A-98CE43E4F6D9.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 238

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, that really sucks. Hopefully the PoPo can find him. Most of these pri cks aren't too smart. 3 years ago some scumbag broke into one of my rental houses that I was selling. It was mostly empty as I had just finished doing a clean out and put it up for sale. He did a fair amount of damage on a detached garage and door/lock damage on the house. It was about $4,000 damage, I fixed it myself for a fraction of that, but the annoyance bothered me more than the money.

As shole flicked a couple of his cigarette butts right IN THE MIDDLE of the kitchen floor! The state police came out and took prints from a bunch of places and took the butts with them. I wasn't holding my breath for anything to happen. TWO YEARS later I got a call, they caught a me th-head (you can't write me th?) in a felony burglary in the next county. For a felony they take your DNA and it was a match. Now the jerk has to pay me a few hundred a month until he gets the damages paid.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
merciful snippage... "Now the jerk has to pay me a few hundred a month until he gets the damages paid."
I LOVE it when a plan comes together. :-D

Man I hate thieves. Sorry this happened and for some reason I thought the previous gen F150’s weren’t as bad to break into as 2015+... I guess not.

I was thinking of cloud cameras facing both doors, inside. Something that would get images uploaded fast enough to not worry about them destroying the camera... Because these things are not exactly difficult to take. The Raptors, not the cameras. :-/

Hilbilly Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Gen1 was broken into yesterday while it was parked at work. Middle of the day no regard for cameras or traffic blowing by. I cant stand degenerate thieves… funny thing is I keep nothing of value inside my Rap because I live in SoCal and this is bound to happen. They got away with a cheap pair of sunglasses and an iPhone car charger that I had out of sight in the center console. PATHETIC
Called local sheriff and they came out for police report and even dusted for fingerprints and got a few on my glass and door that weren’t mine! Fingers crossed! I also have front and rear dashcams that recorded everything and I’m narrowing down the time that he was in my Rap. I’ve included a pic of dirtbag and his car. Any help on the make of the car would greatly help, I’m thinking Chevy Cruz? Also if anyone could recommend a strong theft deterrent.. I’ve ordered the punch plug for the new hole he gave me. Should I put passenger door handle on drivers side? I use my keypad often and I really don’t want to lose it. TIA!!
I'm using a Drone alarm system with GPS. Full sensors for glass break, tilt etc. Highly recommend! Remote start, tracking etc. from my phone and 20% discount on my insurance.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Looks like a 2013-18 Nissan altima to me.

Hope that helps.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE it when a plan comes together. :-D

Man I hate thieves. Sorry this happened and for some reason I thought the previous gen F150’s weren’t as bad to break into as 2015+... I guess not.

I was thinking of cloud cameras facing both doors, inside. Something that would get images uploaded fast enough to not worry about them destroying the camera... Because these things are not exactly difficult to take. The Raptors, not the cameras. :-/
I forgot to add something I found really surprising when I spoke to the state police detective. He asked if I would mind coming to open court to testify to the break-in details and how the evidence was gathered against the burglar. He said it would make the case much stronger. He laughed when I told him that not only would I be happy to testify, but if he wanted to, he could give the burglar my address, a picture of me, money for his Uber, and send him to my house. I would be glad to have a meeting with the doped up pri ck. He told me that most people are afraid to come testify and he wished there were a lot more that felt like I did. Fu ck leaving some guy get off easy. That stuff really pis sses me off. It was several years ago and it STILL ****** me off! :happy175:

Last edited:

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. But on another note, what dash cams do you have and do you recommend them?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That suck @CoreyMac I hate thieves sofa king much!!

My gen 2 was violated in January and I think they wanted the whole thing. Horn disabled, lock cyclinder wrenched-nothing stolen. Everything caught on camera and police report is done online.:banghead:

I did all the repairs myself.

-Ravelco
-relocated air horn into the engine bay
-installed a PS door handle with no key cylinder
-Ford shock/impact sensor installed

Good luck catching this female dog - should be shot and p iss ed on.