Hello from Michigan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeadFootTarp

Reaction score
Thank you! I always default to black or white. Bright colors are usually too bold for me but any suggestions??
I’m a little biased but Lead Foot is fantastic. Also, Antimatter Blue may be something you like. In direct sunlight it’s a deep blue and in shade looks almost black.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Of course, #BlackRaptorsMatter.

Dark horse: Silver. it’s a rare color and looks good on the Rap.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_MI

Reaction score
Welp, the dealer I thought was offering a good deal wants $4.5k over MSRP :rolleyes::rolleyes:.. but.... I found a RAM TRX dealer offering $9k UNDER MSRP.. do I join the gas guzzling dark side?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it depends on what you want.
Were it me, I’d bluntly tell the Ford sales-bot : “2k under or I buy this TRX”.

I like the Raptor. But I don’t like it enough to pay over MSRP.

OP
OP
R

Raptor_MI

Reaction score
it depends on what you want.
Were it me, I’d bluntly tell the Ford sales-bot : “2k under or I buy this TRX”.

I like the Raptor. But I don’t like it enough to pay over MSRP.
Agreed - I'd likely pull the trigger at $2k or less over but I can't justify paying more than that.

TMart

Reaction score
I can't imagine owning anything but my Raptor. I've owned Toyota, Nissan and GM trucks in the past. The TRX looks great, but our family history with Dodge's poor reliability keeps me away from that brand. I'd keep looking and/or wait. The dealer I dealt with in Kent, Ohio was very fair (although that was in 2017). I think they sell a lot on the internet.

Like you, I've usually gone with black or white. This time around, I went with Lead Foot and love it.

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
I used to work for Buick GMC and can confirm this. I’ve seen trucks returned with less than 100 miles on the odometer with engine failures. I’ve pushed my share of new Sierras into the shop. Funny enough I never came across any Yukons come in for engine failures. If they did I was not working that day lol. Didn’t see this issue with the diesel AT4 or the 5.3 motor tho.

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
I can't imagine owning anything but my Raptor. I've owned Toyota, Nissan and GM trucks in the past. The TRX looks great, but our family history with Dodge's poor reliability keeps me away from that brand. I'd keep looking and/or wait. The dealer I dealt with in Kent, Ohio was very fair (although that was in 2017). I think they sell a lot on the internet.

Like you, I've usually gone with black or white. This time around, I went with Lead Foot and love it.
I came from a Silverado and it had never given me any issues. Loved that truck with all my heart had it modded almost to prerunner status. But I couldn’t resist gettin into a Gen 1 with low mileage and 1 owner. Gen 1 came out when I was in high school and it was my dream truck from them on.

guidjarj

Reaction score
It’s tough making color choices because they all look great. I when with white and love it. Mine is a 2018 and I recently added the below items to give it a better stance. The leaf springs were added because I overload the factory springs.

ICON 10-Up Raptor Billet UCA DJ Kit
Pro-Lift 2.5" Front Lift Springs
RPG Raptor 1/2 Steering Tie Rod Kit
ICON Leaf Spring Assembly - Stage 2
Element Hard Parts Ford Gen 2 Raptor / F150 Rear Bump Stop
(4) new 37x1250-17 Nitto Ridge Grapper

Attachments

• E47A1E25-600C-4487-9FE7-5909200B3635.jpeg
    E47A1E25-600C-4487-9FE7-5909200B3635.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 11

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time truck buyer here who was stoked for the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (refresh) 6.2L but after reading so many complaints about GM’s engine failures I decided to look forward a Raptor and that’s when I stumbled across this forum. At relatively the same price point hopefully I’m making the right decision! The lesser payload and towing numbers are still sufficient for what I’ll use it for. Anyone regret having the short bed??

Anyway, just wanted to share my story. I’m on the verge of chalking a deal (hopefully) with a dealer in northern MI. It’s almost time to wait!
Where are you from? And are you talking about the UP?