She finally came in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many cans of Amsoil HMDP would it take for the Raptor? I’m thinking this would be for the frame, rear springs, bumper brackets, and other steel parts only.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford reminds me of a domestic BMW these days. I tell people the S550 Mustang is reminiscent of an E90 3 series/M3. The character of those cars is very similar. The problem with BMWs is while they are fantastic driving cars, (or at least they used to be) long term ownership leaves a lot to be desired because of the cost and complexity to fix.

I traded my 2018 X5M for my Raptor last weekend, for this exact reason. And for the record, the Raptor is more comfortable and enjoyable in nearly every way (other than the raw speed of the M).

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many cans of Amsoil HMDP would it take for the Raptor? I’m thinking this would be for the frame, rear springs, bumper brackets, and other steel parts only.

I used 6 for initial application but I went to town....and why not?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What product did you use on the turbos and have you had any bad side effects when they get heated? I’m considering biting the bullet and using that AMSoil protectant while the chassis is still new and clean and then topping off with Woolwax.

If GM hadn’t beaten the new Silverado with the ugly stick relentlessly and if they offered something comparable to the Raptor, I really would’ve considered getting another one. I absolutely loved my 2011 and how wonderfully simple they were.

I hear you loud and clear on the memory seats. It was one of the few options I really wanted because of the height difference between my wife and I. I wish Ford would take a more Porsche-esque approach and allow you to specify individual options albeit at a higher price that if that option was in a package.

I wanted the memory seats, navigation, sound system, and cooled seats sans dual zone climate control but no...

I know we’ve been here before, but I think it has more to do with CAFE/.gov and less to do with their confidence in their V8s. They invested all that money into the Ecoboost program for trucks and now they want to use it.

That said, the 5.0L in an F-150 will embarrass a 5.3L. Pair the 10 speed with the Gen 3 in a Mustang and suddenly you’re taking lunch money all day long. I wasn’t huge on the 5L until I test drove everything else before I bought my Mustang. That car makes 460HP and
consistently gets 21+ MPG in mixed driving even on winter fuel without the use of cylinder deactivation. If I want more, I can bump it up to 480 and get 40% more torque lower in the RPM range with a Ford Performance tune. It is nothing short of an absolute technological marvel. The problem is that it’s a revver, which works for a grand tourer but isn’t a favorable characteristic for a truck motor. That’s ultimately why I believe the Ecoboost is the better solution for the Raptor, simply because of the low end instant torque.

i inadvertently got the Amsoil HDMP on a turbo, truck was cool tho so I said F it & doused em both. I waited overnight til next day to start up. No adverse effects other than getting high off the fumes for a few hrs til the smell burned for (kidding bout the high part....I think)

no adverse effects other than a lil smelly @ first, I def wouldn’t spray a hot turbo w/ it tho....may cause fire

positive effect? Well I’m sure they’re much more protected from road salt & the actuators quieted down on cold start when wide open

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get 5 cans just to be safe. You'll want to touch up at least once a year.

I used 6 for initial application but I went to town....and why not?

This just went from a “something I should do” to “something imperative”. Pretty good chance I’m relocating much closer to you fellas before winter. Assuming I keep the Raptor it will be exposed to more road salt than in northern AZ.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/life-and-job-change-do-i-keep-the-raptor.78574/#post-1531194

I probably should apologize to the OP for the thread hijack.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just went from a “something I should do” to “something imperative”. Pretty good chance I’m relocating much closer to you fellas before winter. Assuming I keep the Raptor it will be exposed to more road salt than in northern AZ.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/life-and-job-change-do-i-keep-the-raptor.78574/#post-1531194

I probably should apologize to the OP for the thread hijack.
‘If I keep the Raptor’? Ya just flipping got it. Geebus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk