Hellion twin turbo kit 6.2L coming soon? (Sema)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys have got to stop posting this stuff!! I read this and start thinking about it again. I'm trying so hard not to spend this kind of money... but I so want this HP.

This is how my wallet feels:

3663-shark.gif

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought about going this route but the fact that I can get a warranty with the whipple and less chance of damage while offroading. After looking over the piping from the pics I would be afraid of cracking a weld when pushing the truck.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First the link does not work!

and second your not doing 695 rwhp on a stock 6.2L that's for sure,
that's like 875 fwhp and that's not happening on a stock engine!

more like 905 if drivetrain losses are 30% like most 4x4/awd drivetrains are bigger tires increase drivetrain losses as well :rage:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am sure you could do a dyno pull at 695rwhp with the TT setup, but that is about all you could do. While the TT setup would have less strain on the engine over the S/C options it would still be limited just like the S/C to what the stock internals can support.

I think it was JDM that had a SC put down some crazy numbers with just a set of LT's, twin screw and Throttle Body. They then turned the power down so the stock shortblock would survive.

If livernois ever has a sale on the 6.6l shortblock I will be getting one of those but till then I will be trying to keep the stock engine alive so no matter which power adder I go with it will be limited to the same amount of HP as all the others.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you could do a dyno pull at 695rwhp with the TT setup, but that is about all you could do. While the TT setup would have less strain on the engine over the S/C options it would still be limited just like the S/C to what the stock internals can support.

I think it was JDM that had a SC put down some crazy numbers with just a set of LT's, twin screw and Throttle Body. They then turned the power down so the stock shortblock would survive.

If livernois ever has a sale on the 6.6l shortblock I will be getting one of those but till then I will be trying to keep the stock engine alive so no matter which power adder I go with it will be limited to the same amount of HP as all the others.
whats the stock rotating assembly good for? i assume the cast iron block is good for much more then the rotating assembly

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately ford used a non forged crank, the powdered rods they use in most engines and standard pistons. So the weakest link is normally the rods. Most will tell you that 500 rwhp is a number you want to stay below to be on the safe side.

If you replaced the pistons and rods I am sure it could support 600 on the crank, but if you are going to go thru the pain and cost of tearing down the block I would get a forged crank and at that point you would be more worried about the other items on the driveline failing before the engine.

You would also want to replace the factory oil pump gears as they are a weak point in ford motors. I wish someone had already done a 6.6l high compression shortblock so I could see what these motors can do NA.

With a 6.6l high compression SB, ported heads, cams and headers I would love to see if we could get 600+ HP out of these motors. Probably would need a intake with custom runners and larger TB but I think we should be able to get some good numbers. Just that its alot of coin to be the test mule.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately ford used a non forged crank, the powdered rods they use in most engines and standard pistons. So the weakest link is normally the rods. Most will tell you that 500 rwhp is a number you want to stay below to be on the safe side.

If you replaced the pistons and rods I am sure it could support 600 on the crank, but if you are going to go thru the pain and cost of tearing down the block I would get a forged crank and at that point you would be more worried about the other items on the driveline failing before the engine.

You would also want to replace the factory oil pump gears as they are a weak point in ford motors. I wish someone had already done a 6.6l high compression shortblock so I could see what these motors can do NA.

With a 6.6l high compression SB, ported heads, cams and headers I would love to see if we could get 600+ HP out of these motors. Probably would need a intake with custom runners and larger TB but I think we should be able to get some good numbers. Just that its alot of coin to be the test mule.

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the stock rotating assembly is only good to 450-500 RWHP depending on the tuning.

Last edited: