Hellion twin turbo kit 6.2L coming soon? (Sema)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know they 'can' make them, but unless they already are producing them as a off the shelf part they will be very $$$$. At that point might as well buy the Livernois stroker crankshaft.

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, their rotating assembly is only $4500 hard to beat that. I'm just saying you can build whatever you want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be clear the mods on the Raptor that made almost 700rwhp on 15.5 psi is a stock motor, through stock cats. As more power adders come to market, the 6.2 tuning matures, and we keep spending our money on this stuff - you will see the stock motors holding up to more power. I just lived through this on a similar, fairly young, platform. The new"ish" 6.1 HEMI. Stock motors were popping at 500rwhp back in the day. They have been up to 900rwhp on stock motors in the last couple years. Just from tuning advances. I really hope we can get there with these trucks too.

Hard to tell in the video but it seemed to lean out a little on the end of the pull, don't know what they have for fuel in that truck but the Raptor kit comes with injectors, no BAP, no pump. Anyone who is curious can look at their site at the Eliminator kit for the Raptor and see what they are doing.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep dreaming if you think the stock engine will ever be reliable over 600rwhp long term. No matter how good the tuning it will not happen.

First off unlike the ****** dodge, the ford tuning is already great in that we have a huge tuning base for fords.

And as far as the stock block goes, our crank is not forged, the rods are not forged and we have an oil pump that is driven off the crank that can itself fail.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the ford tuning is already great in that we have a huge tuning base for fords.

yeah but most of the data base is for a GT500 and is not Raptor and 6.2L specific.

Tuning may still be tough and a struggle for Tuner's.
Unless somehow Ford will release "the" unencrypted Whippled Raptor (stock & header exhaust) files to their data base for the Tuners to play with.
Someone else is going to have to spend Hundreds of thousands of dollars on R & D for Raptor 6.2 files
Right now all you can play with the old GT500 files, that were released unencrypted.

If Ford does continue with the Raptor line than you will continue seeing more stuff out there for our toys.
Like racing components for our engines!!!

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MTF is 100% right. The 6.2 is it's own monster with its own strengths and certainly some weaknesses.

Some of the 5.0 guys are making huge power on DD Stangs with stock oil pumps. Some aren't so lucky. Unfortunately most of the FI on this forum is also run off of the crank, which isn't helping matters. Turbos, for the most part, have been making more power - safer - than superchargers. I don't expect it to be any different with this motor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anyone to DD a 700rwhp Raptor, but I'd like to see some miles on a 600rwhp truck and crank it up when you want to have a little more fun.