GEN 2 Heavily tuned 3.5 grenades…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting how bad it can get when something goes badly awry in these engines. I have no idea why other than a ‘tune’ of some sort. E85 intercooler bigger injectors etc…. 2019. Enjoy.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gawd that thing got hot to *** that stuff up into a ball like that. 137k on an aggressive E85 tune. Not bad.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Damn. Driver did not do this half àssed, they finished that engine completely

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mectekloco or how ever you spell it is some what of a tool.

Remember youtuber's create content to get views and make money.

I have watched some videos and he ain't bad, but he definitely has away about him.

I believe he got fired from his dealer job because youtube was interfering with his job.

Not to bash him totally but here are some things just from this video.

1: if it isn't stock Ford he hates it. I have to think if someone did all the mods to run e85 they knew exactly what they were getting into. If not they should have.

2: he put a factory OEM engine back in (when he said that about 2 minutes in that is when I stopped the video)

The customer obviously has money and wants performance. Why not install built, closed deck block with forged everything. Now that would be a good video.

Any mechanic or car enthusiasts that has been around awhile has seen carnage like that. When shit is spinning around 6000 rpm and comes apart it does a number on everything. Seen it a couple hundred times. It is always cool to see.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone disagrees that even the HO 3.5 isn’t quite the GT and trying to get GT output from that engine on stock internals is going to compromise the longevity and durability of the motor hard parts. Tunes are inexpensive, performance long blocks are 5 figures. Most people are going for the tune. @Guy went down this road, and built the living daylights out of the stock short block and had similar results, before he jumped to the TRX. His truck was fine, until he got a burr in his saddle about needing that much more.

Like anything else, there’s factory, bolt ons, tunes, turbos+intake+exhaust+tune. That last one has to be done with reasonableness and care OR, the results in this thread could happen. Get a built long block and you can add more, but you will still have an operational range where you can be safe, reliable and durable and beyond that, every bit extra compromises reliability and durability at least some.

You pay your money, you take your chances...