Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with getting this done at the dealer ? My 2 dealers near me do not know anything about it, and says it not showing up under my trucks VIN #. My truck was built in Jan 2023. But My dealer says if it's not on my Ford vehicle data sheet he can't do it. Frustrating !!!

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with getting this done at the dealer ? My 2 dealers near me do not know anything about it, and says it not showing up under my trucks VIN #. My truck was built in Jan 2023. But My dealer says if it's not on my Ford vehicle data sheet he can't do it. Frustrating !!!
It is only for the F-150 Lightning, not Raptors.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK thanks for that info. I will call them. I already have the climate control module with the temps in the knobs ready to go in.

Thanks for that info. How long did it take. I'm heading down there in march for the Baja Raptor run, I could get it done then.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK thanks for that info. I will call them. I already have the climate control module with the temps in the knobs ready to go in.

Thanks for that info. How long did it take. I'm heading down there in march for the Baja Raptor run, I could get it done then.
It took about 2-3 hours. Nothing bad at all. Talk to Tim. He was the advisor for me.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my truck in for other stuff today and brought this up. They confirmed it’s only for Lightnings at the moment, but that they believed Ford would be rolling it out for us eventually. They’re probably waiting for most owners to retrofit on their own dime, haha.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My R was a 12/5 build date and came with the HSW.

All i want to do is swap the Climate controls to the ones with digital read outs. Can anyone confirm if mine will be a direct plug & play or will i need additional Forscan changes to get the digital reads to display properly??

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck in for other stuff today and brought this up. They confirmed it’s only for Lightnings at the moment, but that they believed Ford would be rolling it out for us eventually. They’re probably waiting for most owners to retrofit on their own dime, haha.
I called Ford Customer Service a few days ago to learn more. Effectively they couldn't tell me who is getting the retrofit, or why. What the representative did share, is that if we pay to have the dealer retrofit done and Fford later ads our VIN to the approved list, they would reimburse me for retrofit.

I'm going to talk to my local dealer this week and get an appointment scheduled.