Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of Ford resending you the original data (if they even have it), I think finding the old unit is your best bet. You’ll have everything working in 5 minutes. Can’t blame the tech this is more like software programming than being a mechanic!
Glad it worked out! Enjoy the heated wheel!

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Ive had my retrofit done for 5 months now, what did you all select for the temp of the wheel? I think I selected 5 but this morning I was craving a little more heat because it was 12 degrees out.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive had my retrofit done for 5 months now, what did you all select for the temp of the wheel? I think I selected 5 but this morning I was craving a little more heat because it was 12 degrees out.
So this retrofit allows for the selection of varying steering wheel heat temps? How are you selecting the temps?

200.gif

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forscan allows you to change temps. I have mine set to high, but I’m going to back it off. It’s a little too hot

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like I read somewhere on here that you can remove the temp reading on the main screen using Forscan. I have the temp reading on the hvac knobs now and want to clear them off the screen but I can't find the post where this was mentioned. Anyone know this info?

backfist

Reaction score
Finally got off the X and installed the SCCM and HVAC controls yesterday. Many thanks to those of you who performed the mod and posted about your efforts. My hands thank you!!

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like I read somewhere on here that you can remove the temp reading on the main screen using Forscan. I have the temp reading on the hvac knobs now and want to clear them off the screen but I can't find the post where this was mentioned. Anyone know this info?
I think your best bet to find it is poking around the general gen14 f150 forums…. There is a thread dedicated to folks upgrading the hvac to get the lit numbers and from memory the instructions were there

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this. Tomorrow I’ll dig in and see what values I changed