Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRaptor13

Reaction score
I may need ot met up with both of you! I'm in RI and need some help with the heated steering wheel swap from @ekalb and @DRaptor13 sounds like a good time!
I can't take any credit. It was all @ekalb. I literally just watched, grabbed some parts when needed, but most of all, stayed out of his way - he was in the zone. Haha.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than happy to help out anytime! I was sweating it a bit thinking I forgot a few steps, but it went really smoothly. You are hands down one of the more fascinating people I have ever met!

Note to others, if you get a chance to meet Draptor13 in person...take it :)
Im in Ma too, and consider myself fascinating, any interest in installing another heated wheel ?

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in Ma too, and consider myself fascinating, any interest in installing another heated wheel ?
Do it! I did mine last spring, (wasnt hard at all with the tutorials posted from a few of the early adopters, was also an excuse for me to buy a torque wrench, torx bits, and a no-mar pry tool kit) weather was always turning spring so I looked at it more of a satisfying diy challenge than purely functional. Now with temps down around here I am really enjoying the true benefits!

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone in the DC area needs help installing this I am happy to help. I love mine, use it every time I drive at this time of year.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my new clock spring and temp control to do the retrofit, still not 100% confident on the forscan stuff, it would suck to get all there and mess something up, usually figure it out after a little trial and error but obviously hoping to avoid that.

The tear down videos are great, nice to know where the tough clips are. Anyone of you guys willing to do a step by step on the forscan portion of the retrofit ?

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would find it very useful.

Thanks in advance if anyone comes through

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heated wheel? I thought you were talking formula 1 and heating the tires.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my new clock spring and temp control to do the retrofit, still not 100% confident on the forscan stuff, it would suck to get all there and mess something up, usually figure it out after a little trial and error but obviously hoping to avoid that.

The tear down videos are great, nice to know where the tough clips are. Anyone of you guys willing to do a step by step on the forscan portion of the retrofit ?

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would find it very useful.

Thanks in advance if anyone comes through
Here is the “teach a man to fish” version, forscan is really not hard… if you have ever plugged a cable into a outlet and changed channels on a tv by pushing the number buttons you can do this. I was new to forscan and this part took me 10 min.
1) read the gen 3 forscan thread back to front
2) practice changing something simple, double honk is a great one
3) there are forscan instructions on specifically what to change in the early pages of this thread
4) save your factory config before changing anything
Heated wheel? I thought you were talking formula 1 and heating the tires.
Yes but exceeding track limits is encouraged here