Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the info

I got impatient (after sitting on these parts since May lol) and figured today was the day to install everything. Finally have a heated steering wheel, media bin light, illuminated cupholders, and glove box light. Pretty straight forward job and everything seems to be working fine.

IMG-5981.jpg

IMG-5991.jpg

IMG-5996.jpg

IMG-6003.jpg

IMG-6009.jpg

IMG-6020.jpg

IMG-6021.jpg

IMG-6030.jpg

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are some people having issues with a sticking turn signal when doing this heated steering wheel retrofit?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are some people having issues with a sticking turn signal when doing this heated steering wheel retrofit?
Not sure. Seems to be a design defect related to the SCCM. I had it really bad before the swap and I still have it after but not nearly as bad

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear because Im hesitant to do this because of this issue… it would drive me bat shit crazy

GDK

Reaction score
Could someone please explain if in fact a deleted 2023 Heated Wheel Raptor can be modified to have some heat and, if in fact there is an actual Ford recall/service bulletin regarding this?
Thanks!

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could someone please explain if in fact a deleted 2023 Heated Wheel Raptor can be modified to have some heat and, if in fact there is an actual Ford recall/service bulletin regarding this?
Thanks!
I just had this done at Galpin Auto Sports. The wheel has the heater element in it. You need to replace the clockspring and the SCCM module and it's good to go.

The SB only applies to the lightning.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
I added it to my truck. It was amazing last weekend when it was 19 degrees outside

It was actually borderline too hot, I might turn it down a bit on Forskin

GDK

Reaction score
I have studied this pretty hard and still confused. The above link to the Ford Dash Control Unit seems like it would never work as it just does not have enough Buttons on it?
I'm thinking you need a Clock Spring, Jumpers and a Wheel that has Heating Elements in it. Then ForScan helps you reprogram the Touch Screen which adds the 0n-off button for the new Wheel?
Getting Cold...thanks!

Attachments

• 2023 Raptor HVAC Control Panel.jpg
    2023 Raptor HVAC Control Panel.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 14