Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneFast440

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Raptor, ordered the ML3Z-3F791-HB, swapped it out, programmed the SCCM Module and the heated wheel works great. The problem is that when the first rain storm came, I no longer have auto-sensing wipers. The option is selected in Sync but they do not adjust speed based on the amount of rain. They only function based on the speed selected with the stalk. Is there something I missed?

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 Raptor, ordered the ML3Z-3F791-HB, swapped it out, programmed the SCCM Module and the heated wheel works great. The problem is that when the first rain storm came, I no longer have auto-sensing wipers. The option is selected in Sync but they do not adjust speed based on the amount of rain. They only function based on the speed selected with the stalk. Is there something I missed?
Did you restore the programming from your old SCCM? You needed to do that. You can probably find a coding work-around in the SCCM section of livinutup’s sheet.

OneFast440

Reaction score
Did you restore the programming from your old SCCM? You needed to do that. You can probably find a coding work-around in the SCCM section of livinutup’s sheet.
Yes, I restored the original programming to the new SCCM and then modified the values to activate the heated steering wheel.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try enabling the feature (auto-sensing wipers) for all of your profiles; this has worked for some members here. I know...silly you have to do this but here we are.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try enabling the feature (auto-sensing wipers) for all of your profiles; this has worked for some members here. I know...silly you have to do this but here we are.
I "think" my ASW are working correctly, but where exactly in the settings are the profiles located so I can double check there?

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HVAC (with digital readout): ML3Z-19980-K/ML3T-18C612-D

Assuming you want a hardware button: there have been many of us, myself included, that have had issues programming the digital readout HVAC. No such reports with the non-digital readout part. Unfortunately, the non-digital readout HVAC is significantly more expensive. That said, if you want to be sure that there will be no issues getting the HVAC programmed with FORScan, I suggest the non-digital readout HVAC.

I did ultimately get the digital readout HVAC programmed, however, it required access to FDRS and a compatible cable (such as a Mongoose cable). Note that the cable and access to FDRS are not cheap. FDRS was able to reprogram the digital readout HVAC to as-built values, after which I was able to make the necessary modifications with FORScan.

Some people have been able to get the digital readout HVAC to accept programming from FORScan directly (using both versions *.50 and *.51), but this was not my experience, and I believe others had similar issues as well. The reason for the inconsistency isn't totally clear to me, but it may have to do with software version on the HVAC. If you have access to FDRS and a compatible cable, I would say it is extremely likely be able to get the digital readout HVAC working. If not, I'd say it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Has anything changed as far as inconsistencies with programming the digital dial HVAC module? I bought the non digital version since its seemed to be a trouble free install back in May when I ordered everything. The plan is to finally install it this week, but if there is a tried and true way to get the digital readout HVAC working with forscan, I may just order those instead.

I can't seem to find info on whether it's still a crapshoot or not getting that version up and running without dealer level diagnostics.