Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the detailed information. Just wrapped up my install and all works except getting the same DTC in HVAC. Did install new SCCM w/ Clockspring and New Digital HVAC Controls w/ Heated Steering Wheel Button

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the detailed information. Just wrapped up my install and all works except getting the same DTC in HVAC. Did install new SCCM w/ Clockspring and New Digital HVAC Controls w/ Heated Steering Wheel Button
I was hoping someone solved this, mine works perfectly with the DTC so I just leave it. Might mention it to the dealer when it goes in for service.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget about this DTC. It is caused due to the fact that the new HVAC module (digital) is a different module number. When your truck validates all the modules this one does not register correctly and gives the DTC code for not programmed. Your dealer would have to send a ticket to ford asking them to change the original part assigned to your truck to this module. They do this when a particular part is no longer available. Since the original HVAC control part that came with your truck is still available, there is a good/big chance, Ford will decline to make this change to your VIN and As Built. If yours is like mine and functions 100% correctly, I would not worry about this DTC at all. NOTE, I also have FDRS, and tried to program the module while linked directly to Ford system and it will not program/update without what I mentioned above.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
Forget about this DTC. It is caused due to the fact that the new HVAC module (digital) is a different module number. When your truck validates all the modules this one does not register correctly and gives the DTC code for not programmed. Your dealer would have to send a ticket to ford asking them to change the original part assigned to your truck to this module. They do this when a particular part is no longer available. Since the original HVAC control part that came with your truck is still available, there is a good/big chance, Ford will decline to make this change to your VIN and As Built. If yours is like mine and functions 100% correctly, I would not worry about this DTC at all. NOTE, I also have FDRS, and tried to program the module while linked directly to Ford system and it will not program/update without what I mentioned above.
This is great information! Thank you for the update, I will just leave it.

Reaction score
Do you need a steering wheel with heat element for Boosted's kit or do all OEM steering wheels come with the element etc irregardless if it has the ability to heat??

bigdaddy1207

Reaction score
When you connect ForScan, be sure to NOT select a previously loaded file and have it scan again as if it was your first time connecting.
Yeah, did that. Those modules still aren’t showing up. Sucks cause I wanted to get this heated wheel done.