Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chop96

Reaction score
We'll nothin but GOOD news to report here. I'm not sure but I might be the only 2023 Raptor with digital HVAC (temp on dials) and heated steering wheel. Forscan was easy to code the HVAC module to turn wheel functionality. I'll follow this post up with the two changes I made to the HVAC module to fire it up when I get back to Forscan, pretty sure instructions for all those doing this mod without the digital HVAC controls has already been well documented. Best part is the HVAC control was only $105 on eBay. Came in flawless, not a scuff or scratch on it. Got the other two parts from Goose kit.
What steps did you follow and what changes did you make in FORScan? If you posted the follow-up, I missed it.
:cheers:

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Well, I have officially completed the wheel and cup holder lights. Recorded everything and hoping to get it on YouTube to help others. Without trying to record, it would’ve been super quick.

Thanks for everyone’s help. Especially @Fourforty for throwing the forscan update solution.

Attachments

• 58A686A5-1B24-47C5-B772-5C3EBD45C637.jpeg
    58A686A5-1B24-47C5-B772-5C3EBD45C637.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
Well, I have officially completed the wheel and cup holder lights. Recorded everything and hoping to get it on YouTube to help others. Without trying to record, it would’ve been super quick.

Thanks for everyone’s help. Especially @Fourforty for throwing the forscan update solution.
I can only imagine the pain of doing the lighting part.

SuperSafety

Reaction score
Honestly wasn’t too bad. Building wire harnesses suck. And the bin didn’t have a hole for the light, so I had to make one. A little dremel work, as I wasn’t going to stop/postpone the project for the part. Lol

Attachments

• 9A2968D2-28E2-4BE0-AFA4-301A5D2EC1A3.jpeg
    9A2968D2-28E2-4BE0-AFA4-301A5D2EC1A3.jpeg
    648.6 KB · Views: 65

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Noice!

chizchiz

Reaction score
Can anyone speak to the difference between the boostedgreygoose clockspring/harness, and the OEM column housing (ML3Z-3F791-BB)? Boosted appears to be sold out again, so hoping I can just get the OEM housing and use that instead. Anyone done that install yet?

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boosted uses OEM as well, and you would want to order the same unit as the one they use. It contains the Heated wheel electrical contacts. It is also on national backorder so I would say put your order in with Boosted and sit tight.