Heated Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Martin

Reaction score
Mine has a mind of its own. Just got off a great trip to the Carolinas this week. I don’t know how to turn it on or off but when it was cold out my wheel was hot and when it wasn’t cold out neither was the wheel. No idea.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has a mind of its own. Just got off a great trip to the Carolinas this week. I don’t know how to turn it on or off but when it was cold out my wheel was hot and when it wasn’t cold out neither was the wheel. No idea.
I think you have auto temp enabled. There are two settings. Last used and auto which uses outside temp to determine when and if seats and wheel are heated.

it’s a sub menu item. I don’t recall where but its in the menu screen on the dash and not in the sync screen. I can look later if you can’t find it.

WH7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how mine seems to work as well, although it doesn't exactly get burning hot or anything.

IIRC, there is a Forscan mod to put the heated steering wheel control on the main display (along with the heated/cooled seats), which I did and which makes it easier to turn on/off.

I thought I read that there was a Forscan hack to adjust the steering wheel temperature.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that there was a Forscan hack to adjust the steering wheel temperature.

Yep, I already mentioned this earlier in this thead...
I've never tried adjusting the settings, but I do see that there are temperature settings for the heated steering wheel in Forscan. Anyone ever tried changing those values?
I'm still not sure if anyone's ever changed the settings and how well it worked, though

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a thread on this forum from someone who figured out the heat settings in Forscan for our steering wheel. A search might turn it up.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC there is an adjustment for time duration of the steering wheel heater to time out and some have played with this. I don’t recall an ability to change temperature.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have new 2019 Raptor, I like the heated steering wheel, it only has one setting obviously, so once it warms up, I turn it off, by this time the heat has warmed the vehicle inside and I am good to go.

This the first vehicle I've owned to have a heated steering wheel...and it works as above, heating enough to enjoy and shortly after that I don't need it anymore because now the trucks warm enough and I turn it off...