Headlight upgrade on 2012 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking to upgrade the headlights in my Raptor and have been reading quite a bit on the forums about it. Seems like there have been fairly consistent issues converting the stock halogens to the HID. Any recommendations? Spending $600-$1000 for a set of headlights should come with no problems in my opinion.

Thanks!

C

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kinda problems?

I retrofitted mine and the only issue I've had was moto control relay harnesses turning green and failing in spots..

Colezone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 2013 and 2014 headlights and converted them to a 2012. There’s like 10 small parts you’ll need if you just buy the housings. If you buy them complete all you need is the mishimoto conversion harness.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not just put led bulbs in your headlights? They are bighter, wider light pattern, cheaper, reliable, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got lucky and found someone on ebay selling the OEM HID lights with the mishimoto relay harness, with all the little parts and pieces, for $800. It was a killer deal - you may keep an eye on ebay for a similar listing. Otherwise I would just buy a complete package at Raptor Retrofit and be done with it.

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just put led bulbs in your headlights? They are bighter, wider light pattern, cheaper, reliable, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can't focus the beam in a halogen housing, so all that extra output is simply scattered everywhere, making it worthless and blinding other drivers.