Has anyone done it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragan

Reaction score
Hi guys
My big baby has arrived. Here are the first pictures.
Can you tell me if I can unlock the speed.
It blocks at 180 km / h (112 mph).
Has anyone done it?
Sorry for google translate
raptor12.jpg raptor11.jpg raptor10.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First: Welcome to FRF !

Pictures. So it DID happen :)

Second: I believe some of the aftermarket tuners remove the speed limiter, or, make it come in beyond the vehicle’s maximum possible speed.

However, you won’t want to be going much faster than 110mph / 170 kph given the tires. They are big, bouncy, compliant, and not very sticky tires. Your control would be more limited the faster you go and it would be very difficult to recover if you made a mistake.

I would love to see video of navigating the Arc de Triomphe in the Raptor. ;-) I’ve only been through twice, and was fortunate to not be driving.

OP
OP
D

Dragan

Reaction score
Hello and thanks smurfslayer,
Promised, I'll give you a video around the Arc de Triomphe.
I know it's dangerous to drive faster than 110mph, but having a big engine and being limited to 110mph annoys me a lot.
Before you make the video I have to homologate the raptor, here it lasts 6 months. Yes!!! the French are too special. They do not want the Americans light (I have to replace the electric harnesses ...) they have to measure the CO2 ...
Here everything is complicated. Even to live it is terible.
Now the raptor is in the garage and he is waiting to be homologated.
I can not drive him.
thank you, sincerely
Sorry for the translation (it's Google)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@Dragan: it seems Google translate is doing just fine.

6 months for homologation!!! I know there is some different lighting requirements and the Euro emissions are pretty tight too.

I wish you luck on getting your Raptor legal and ready to drive.
Will you have a lot of off road opportunities in France? You should search for many of the “Raptor Assault” videos here on FRF. It is amazing what this truck can do.

Cliffster

Reaction score
Most aftermarket tuners will delete the speed limiter all together . It will go way past 110 mph.