Had a ‘22 Raptor at MSRP. Now it’s no MSRP for you!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is an older thread about them being "no BS dealer to order from" - I got the same letter from the as well
that is after they screwed with me back then telling me that I have a 37 pkg SECURED only to be told days later that the owner took my SECURED slot for themselves..
Then, their no ADM policy translated into some of their RAPTORS being put up on EBAY with ADM shortly after
I had the same thing happen to me with them. When I ordered my truck back in June, I asked 3 times about the 37 allocation. The last time she said the owner only had 1 and took it for himself and I had to order a 35 truck. Turns out, they got 3 - 37 pkg allocations and put them all on eBay.

OP
OP
BaseRaptor

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes you think a Toyota dealership won’t change their mind and charge ADM? They are already charging crazy ADM for anything TRD Pro related

The dealership never charges over MSRP, even for hard to get models. It's also the largest Toyota dealership in the world.

fts

Reaction score
A few weeks back CNBC has a special report on why consumers do not like interacting with auto dealers. Negotiations, feeling of getting screwed and the whole process of the paperwork, hours-long time spent talking to various people at the dealers which are part of their "games" were the main reasons, amongst others. Due to these experiences and perceptions, companies like Carvana, Vroom, etc. are now thriving; so much so that they even went public raising significant money.

I do believe these types of dealer behavior are helping enlarge the hole they dug under themselves during the last several years. So, the direct-to-consumer model that Tesla, Carvana, and others now pursuing will likely be successful and become more mainstream.

I went through similar stories of contacting dozens of dealers as well. I only found two that were willing to sell at MSRP. Who knows if they actually do though, we'll see. Regardless, the experience of dealing with Ford's dealer network is one that is very negative in my mind. This would be my first Ford ever, and I have owned a couple of dozen cars as many of you here. Although I have had not-so-favorable experiences with some brands and dealers, I have never experienced the arrogant attitude and less customer-focused treatment from any dealer previously compared to what I have experienced with vast majority of Ford dealers. This is at a new low IMO.

As a result, if the Raptor happens, it happens. If not, there are other choices out there for my needs.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back CNBC has a special report on why consumers do not like interacting with auto dealers. Negotiations, feeling of getting screwed and the whole process of the paperwork, hours-long time spent talking to various people at the dealers which are part of their "games" were the main reasons, amongst others. Due to these experiences and perceptions, companies like Carvana, Vroom, etc. are now thriving; so much so that they even went public raising significant money.

I do believe these types of dealer behavior are helping enlarge the hole they dug under themselves during the last several years. So, the direct-to-consumer model that Tesla, Carvana, and others now pursuing will likely be successful and become more mainstream.

I went through similar stories of contacting dozens of dealers as well. I only found two that were willing to sell at MSRP. Who knows if they actually do though, we'll see. Regardless, the experience of dealing with Ford's dealer network is one that is very negative in my mind. This would be my first Ford ever, and I have owned a couple of dozen cars as many of you here. Although I have had not-so-favorable experiences with some brands and dealers, I have never experienced the arrogant attitude and less customer-focused treatment from any dealer previously compared to what I have experienced with vast majority of Ford dealers. This is at a new low IMO.

As a result, if the Raptor happens, it happens. If not, there are other choices out there for my needs.
I’m in the same boat. Raptor will be my first Ford. And when one particular dealer told me MSRP was ‘special pricing’ I then realized I’m playing in a different world then I’m used to. I get it, it’s a raptor and blah blah blah….BS! These dealers are making close to $5k per truck at MSRP so I don’t want to hear it.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I think Ford sees this and that is why they are promoting direct orders (I received 2 mailers for 2k off order...raptor excluded) and eventually the market will likely go that way...I can't wait, how easy it will be to just know what you are getting for your trade and what you fairly should pay for the new vehicle

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he's saying FORD is responsible. He is saying that ONE of his dealers is adding ADM now, not FORD in general.
Yes, but ... what is Ford doing to encourage their dealers to act with integrity? From what I've seen, that would be j a c k s h i t ...

There are too few dealers to make avoiding those with a bad reputation possible. There is only one Ford dealer within an hours drive of me. I know people who've had a good experience there when they wanted to move inventory. When things are tight, like now, they'll bend you over in a heartbeat. The Toyota dealer here is even worse.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Raptor will be my first Ford. And when one particular dealer told me MSRP was ‘special pricing’ I then realized I’m playing in a different world then I’m used to. I get it, it’s a raptor and blah blah blah….BS! These dealers are making close to $5k per truck at MSRP so I don’t want to hear it.
It's supply and demand. I got my Raptor at invoice. But it was during the first big covid lockdown and dealers were nervous about having too much inventory, worried about a slowing economy, etc. Timing is everything. If you want the latest and greatest popular vehicle, you will pay more. If there are also production bottlenecks, you will pay a lot more. Unless you're really lucky. Luck beats skill every single time.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A few weeks back CNBC has a special report on why consumers do not like interacting with auto dealers. Negotiations, feeling of getting screwed and the whole process of the paperwork, hours-long time spent talking to various people at the dealers which are part of their "games" were the main reasons, amongst others.
You feel like you need a shower when you walk out of a dealership. Every time. Out of our last ten vehicles, we bought two off the lot. I bought the rest over the phone. I go to the local dealer, do my test drive and make an offer. They try to manipulate me. I go home and call a couple dozen other dealers out of town and out of state to find the best deal. I call the local guy and give him a chance to match it. They almost never do, they just try more mind f*cking. The phone is like a raincoat that keeps the slime off you. I highly recommend it.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supply and demand. I got my Raptor at invoice. But it was during the first big covid lockdown and dealers were nervous about having too much inventory, worried about a slowing economy, etc. Timing is everything. If you want the latest and greatest popular vehicle, you will pay more. If there are also production bottlenecks, you will pay a lot more. Unless you're really lucky. Luck beats skill every single time.
Fair enough. It does all revolve around impatience though. If people wouldn’t pay the ADM, the ADM doesn’t exist. Works this way with everything not just vehicles. I’d still feel way better paying markup on a raptor than like a Chevy Trailblazer which are fetching ADM as well. Glass half full!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. It does all revolve around impatience though. If people wouldn’t pay the ADM, the ADM doesn’t exist. Works this way with everything not just vehicles. I’d still feel way better paying markup on a raptor than like a Chevy Trailblazer which are fetching ADM as well. Glass half full!
Yes, impatience, desire, need, whatever. Price is the most efficient way to allocate a scarce resource. Those who want it the most, get. Those who don't, don't. While I would much prefer that everyone refuse to pay even invoice until after I make my deal, my preference isn't worth squat in the market. Getting my knickers in a twist over it is pointless, futile, and a waste of time.