My oct order 37 pkg at msrp is now getting a dealer markup so I'm out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
37 pkg Blk with Blk interior decal and start stop delete Moonroof/tailgate spray in Bedliner Sticker $79,815. Truck is already built dealer wants me to pay market price which as of now is 10k over. I emailed ford vp of customer service for help but received no reply.I even suggested shipping to a dealer that sells with no mark up. I'm NOT advertising for this dealer. I would only order a Raptor @MSRP 7months later they lied by adding mark up. TOTAL ********! IF I didn't work for Ford Motor Company I would switch brands.
Did you have them write it up?
Went from complaining about 10k markup to selling for 20k markup. Lol
sometimes making 5k is too much of a hassle, but you could test it out and then dump.
37 pkg Blk with Blk interior decal and start stop delete Moonroof/tailgate spray in Bedliner Sticker $79,815. Truck is already built dealer wants me to pay market price which as of now is 10k over. I emailed ford vp of customer service for help but received no reply.I even suggested shipping to a dealer that sells with no mark up. I'm NOT advertising for this dealer. I would only order a Raptor @MSRP 7months later they lied by adding mark up. TOTAL ********! IF I didn't work for Ford Motor Company I would switch brands.

Attachments

• 3F8B9EB1-4065-4D64-A6AD-5D16DC81A3E8.jpeg
    3F8B9EB1-4065-4D64-A6AD-5D16DC81A3E8.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 57

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
My dealer tried this crap with me...

I argued hard. They wanted me to walk, but I had my signed order agreement with vehicle price, fees, taxes, etc... was signed by a sales manager at the time of order.

Had to bring in the general manager...

Long story short....I drove off at MSRP....

Don't let the dealer change the terms at the last minute... that's effin BS.
Exactly what you need to do, stand your ground. I came prepared with all my signed order and deposit receipt etc expecting a fight, fortunately my dealer honored the exact MSRP order agreed to but if they hadnt I would have went Sale Manager, General Manager Owner route. Ford VP whatever it took. Don't let them reneg on a contract, you have legal rights if you actually have a signed agreed to sales contract...

OP
OP
S

Sand dunes

Reaction score
Well the truck just hit the dealership.(ordered Oct. built Feb.10th) My 2019 Raptor with 29k miles was in better shape when I sold it after 2 Michigan winters and many aggressive runs on Silver Lake sand dunes. It ended up with the cam phaser rattle at 27k miles. To say the new truck has rust on the underbody, primarily the rear axle is an understatement.The paint on the leading edge of the hood and front fenders would look better if you applied it with a smooth paint roller.(not exaggerating) Masking tape on tailgate (The factory places tape/stickers on bad spots to identify areas to be corrected.) Was still on there along with a big booger in the paint, uncorrected. Stiching on dash and trim panels is brown?........I know I can't afford the truck.I should pay the dealer markup.Paint can be corrected.Its a truck who cares about the booger on the tailgate. Buy a wire wheel clean up the rear axle and other rust spots and paint..its eventually going to rust anyway.Besides I can flip it for $105,000

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Well the truck just hit the dealership.(ordered Oct. built Feb.10th) My 2019 Raptor with 29k miles was in better shape when I sold it after 2 Michigan winters and many aggressive runs on Silver Lake sand dunes. It ended up with the cam phaser rattle at 27k miles. To say the new truck has rust on the underbody, primarily the rear axle is an understatement.The paint on the leading edge of the hood and front fenders would look better if you applied it with a smooth paint roller.(not exaggerating) Masking tape on tailgate (The factory places tape/stickers on bad spots to identify areas to be corrected.) Was still on there along with a big booger in the paint, uncorrected. Stiching on dash and trim panels is brown?........I know I can't afford the truck.I should pay the dealer markup.Paint can be corrected.Its a truck who cares about the booger on the tailgate. Buy a wire wheel clean up the rear axle and other rust spots and paint..its eventually going to rust anyway.Besides I can flip it for $105,000

The dealership should be able to help you out with the issues you found.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have any pics of this stuff?

OP
OP
S

Sand dunes

Reaction score
Picked up my sons Mach E performance today from my (ex) salesman....I've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying vehicles from him..not anymore. Another salesman had a wholesaler buying the Raptor for 5k over and my salesman wanted me to purchase it instead of the wholesaler getting it. I told him I would not buy it for anything over the agreed msrp. I did ask why they weren't selling it for more as they could get $105,000 for it and he had no response.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Picked up my sons Mach E performance today from my (ex) salesman....I've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying vehicles from him..not anymore. Another salesman had a wholesaler buying the Raptor for 5k over and my salesman wanted me to purchase it instead of the wholesaler getting it. I told him I would not buy it for anything over the agreed msrp. I did ask why they weren't selling it for more as they could get $105,000 for it and he had no response.

Did you put down a cash deposit on the raptor? I would assume you got it back if so. I would then take the salesman to small claims court for triple the amount of deposit, just for sport.

KurtLaut

Reaction score
The key to the contract is the VIN a dealer can write down all the numbers in the world snd promise anything BUT without the VIN and a deposit that piece of paper means nothing. When my truck went into production I made sure the dealer added the VIN onto the contract along with a deposit that way the price we agreed on won’t change.