Group Buy: Glassworks Unlimited Raptor Front Fenders +2" Rise/+2" Flare with SVT Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in if we can get the count to 20.

I'll keep you in mind when it gets close, I'll hit you up and see if still interested.

I'm in for a set

Added you to the list, thanks.

FYI List is growing at a pace of about 1 a day. I know there are more people out there, let's keep this going. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure Fiberwerx are made in Mexico no? Can't say as to the quality of them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do these compare with Fiberwerx? Fiberwerx retail 400
Glassworks retail 600 without vent 550

I don't like to speak negatively about any Vendors here. The difference is Fiberwerx is a 2.5" flare with only a 1" rise where the Glassworks have a 2" rise and 2" flare. Glassworks fitment is almost perfect and Hand Laid while less expensive versions will take more work to fit right (cutting, trimming, possibly filling).

I also abused the crap out of my Glassworks off road and they held up like champions. I run some rocky fire trails in the Tahoe area regularly. You would think fiberglass liners would scratch and chip or break, but these things are tough and never showed wear. With Glassworks you're getting quality and that comes at a higher cost. Hope that helps.

Pretty sure Fiberwerx are made in Mexico no? Can't say as to the quality of them.

Correct! Fiberwerx are made in Mexico and Glassworks are made in USA. That could help account for cost difference as well.

Last edited:

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like to speak negatively about any Vendors here. The difference is Fiberwerx is a 2.5" flare with only a 1" rise where the Glassworks have a 2" rise and 2" flare. Glassworks fitment is almost perfect and Hand Laid while less expensive versions will take more work to fit right (cutting, trimming, possibly filling).

I also abused the crap out of my Glassworks off road and they held up like champions. I run some rocky fire trails in the Tahoe area regularly. You would think fiberglass liners would scratch and chip or break, but these things are tough and never showed wear. With Glassworks you're getting quality and that comes at a higher cost. Hope that helps.

Correct! Fiberwerx are made in Mexico and Glassworks are made in USA. That could help account for cost difference as well.

The biggest thing for me on the different fenders is the shape. Go look at LOTS of photos and see which one "speaks" to you. The two best shapes in my eyes are the Glassworks followed by the Boatecs and they sometimes swap spots. I like the Fiberwerx but not as much. Too much droopy look with the additional flare portion. Although the Fiberwerx flare portion is closer in size to resembling the original flares (including the rears which most leave as stock). That's what had me initially really looking at the Fiberwerx for my truck. But I just couldn't get excited about the overall look.

Boatecs are not hand laid like Glassworks. Boatecs are injection molded. Their out of mold color is a dark gray I think, so that's a bonus for them in my eyes. Scratches stay dark (black truck), includin gthe flare portion so they look closer to stock flare color, even if left unpainted. Not an exact match though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The biggest thing for me on the different fenders is the shape. Go look at LOTS of photos and see which one "speaks" to you. The two best shapes in my eyes are the Glassworks followed by the Boatecs and they sometimes swap spots. I like the Fiberwerx but not as much. Too much droopy look with the additional flare portion. Although the Fiberwerx flare portion is closer in size to resembling the original flares (including the rears which most leave as stock). That's what had me initially really looking at the Fiberwerx for my truck. But I just couldn't get excited about the overall look.

Boatecs are not hand laid like Glassworks. Boatecs are injection molded. Their out of mold color is a dark gray I think, so that's a bonus for them in my eyes. Scratches stay dark (black truck), includin gthe flare portion so they look closer to stock flare color, even if left unpainted. Not an exact match though.

Also good info. Thanks @boarder1995

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just curious, why are you getting another set of glassworks?

Also, can you speak to the many many reports of people being furious about the customer service (or lack there of)???

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Just curious, why are you getting another set of glassworks?

Also, can you speak to the many many reports of people being furious about the customer service (or lack there of)???

He tried to make his Raptor a tricycle.... He was successful, but it didn't quite drive the same.