Group Buy: Glassworks Unlimited Raptor Front Fenders +2" Rise/+2" Flare with SVT Vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cheapmike13 Not trying to be confrontational, just wondering what exactly your referring to? I've seen things before where people were saying that where the actual flare meets the front bumper up front, it overlaps at times. Is that what your referring to? This pic of the Fiberwerx seems to be lining up pretty well to me, do you agree?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed Fiberwerx. I bought them 2nd hand from a guy that had them stored in a box in his garage for a while. The passenger side fender was a BITCH to install. It had warped a little, making it tough to fit up. Both fenders will require a shit ton of work to match up to the hood and other body panels. I don't think this all due to sitting around. This was my first time installing anything body panel related and the passenger side took 3 hours! The driver side took about 45 minutes, but doesn't look much better. Will get me through TRR, though.

I'm not bashing Fiberwerx. They make fenders for race trucks - run them a few times - rip them up racing - throw them out and replace. I understood this going into this purchase and install.

I do think when I'm ready to install proper fitting fenders, that I will go with the Glassworks fenders. Feedback from others stating that fitment is much closer to stock has made a believer out of me. Won't get the side vents molded in though - I like the look of the separation between the vent and the fender. Wish we could use the stock liners, but at this price, it's no big deal.

EDIT: after reading a little more on this thread - the comment was made that the Glassworks liners hold up good. I spoke to someone the other day at Glassworks, and they said that the fiberglass liners won't hold up good. They suggested going with the $1400 aluminum liners that are custom built on demand. I DO NOT WANT THE CUSTOM ALUMINUM LINERS. I will take the standard liners. Thanks.

Put me down for a set without the vents and I do want the liners.....

I'll have the body shop install them and give me some feedback on the install.

Last edited:

cheapmike13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@LekRap no I understand what your saying. And I'm not bad mouthing fiberwerx products either. But I think we're talking about two different things here lol. It's not the fitment issue I'm worried about. Try these pictures
80d61cbf67fe9ae238b3effe3d97f6d0.jpg
e0defc5d3241fc32c7aeb68ba240bdf9.jpg

OP
OP
oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@2014RubyRed I added you Ruby. Wish I was going to TRR next week. Jealous big dog.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

@LekRap no I understand what your saying. And I'm not bad mouthing fiberwerx products either. But I think we're talking about two different things here lol. It's not the fitment issue I'm worried about. Try these pictures
80d61cbf67fe9ae238b3effe3d97f6d0.jpg
e0defc5d3241fc32c7aeb68ba240bdf9.jpg

It's due to the 2.5"flare and 1" rise instead of 2" flare and 2" rise. The 2.5" flare causes it to have a squished look with only a 1" rise and pushes away to account for it.

With only 2" flare and a 2" rise it is even and allows the flare to stay next to the body instead of the break in body lines. If you look at Glassworks 4.5" flare 2" rise it is the same. Kind of weird Glassworks gets 2" more flare with the same size break by the flare.
http://glassworksunlimited.com/products/ford/raptor/2010-2014-ford-raptor-4-5-flare-2-rise

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@2014RubyRed I added you Ruby. Wish I was going to TRR next week. Jealous big dog.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

It's due to the 2.5"flare and 1" rise instead of 2" flare and 2" rise. The 2.5" flare causes it to have a squished look with only a 1" rise and pushes away to account for it.

With only 2" flare and a 2" rise it is even and allows the flare to stay next to the body instead of the break in body lines.

Huh. Well, like I said, it was the first time I did any body work. But that explanation makes a lot of sense. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works....

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @2014RubyRed and @cheapmike13 for the rundowns. I appreciate it and am glad that no one is hypersensitive on here and realize that I am just asking questions to gain a better understanding. That is what I really like about this forum for the most part.

Good to know 2014RubyRed about your experience on the install and your opinions. You are the perfect person for me to follow because I am back and forth between Fiberwerx and Glassworks. I will be following closely your feedback on the install and fitment of the glassworks in comparison to the Fiberwerx.

Thanks cheap mike for running down the fitment issue there with the Fiberwerx.

Wish I could be in for this group buy, but getting married in a few months kinda limits my funds right now. I will definetly be monitoring everyone's results and probably before too long with get the wild hair up my ass and my future wife off of it...haha!

Thanks guys, best of luck with the fenders

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMG_1061.jpg

My issues.....

Like I said, I feel these are really a race ready fender - not an exact fitment. Hope the Glassworks will take a little less trimming and filling. I don't have any clear shots of the door and hood gap, but they (Fiberwerx) were way off what I need for a finished panel.....