Graphics removal, anyone do this yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlesp461

Reaction score
pulling mine off right now also (same situation) they are coming off pretty easy as long as they are warm, when they get cold they start getting brittle and hard to pull off, but it comes off pretty easy when it is warm and doesn't leave much residue behind.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone won’t hurt the clear coat?

A friend of mine used to work for a professional car detailed and he always said to use lighter fluid… which does work well. Just never used it on large areas
The stickers shouldnt leave much residue behind since your going to pull them off. Just make sure after you use the goo gone, that you wash the area and wax. The goo gone strips everything previously on the surface.

LCFarmRaptor

Reaction score
Funny- same thing. Got truck last week. Had graphics delete but came with decals. Makes me wonder if anyone checks these builds.

Mwadsworth

Reaction score
What about using ammonia? That’s what I used to resolve the hue for taking tint of a window. Worked great. Do your research about using on paint as I have not tried it.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The taxes here are insane. The town I work in, mostly 700k-1.3 Mil homes….property taxes can reach close to well over 30k per year.

I live in a neighboring county and I’m under 10k
Well that’s good. More dough for some mods!!

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goo Gone is save on car paint. I did upload the wrong link above. Now corrected.

Make sure you buy the Goo Gone Automotive.

charlesp461

Reaction score
yeah, there are different variations of goo gone, you want the citrus oil based automotive stuff, the pro power solvent based stuff can do a good amount of damage.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regualar Goo Gone is not safe for your clear. If you use it quick and take it off quick you will be fine however. If left on it will create a milky spot in the clear. WD40 is more safe and works well also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc