Graphics removal, anyone do this yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
It's a cool graphics package and for what they charge I'd keep them as a bonus. The placement is perfect, they will protect your paint. Either way congrats on the new rig!

recurve69

Reaction score
So you ordered this truck without the Graphics package, so why is this your problem? For the amount of money you paid for this truck there is no way I feel its your responsibility. Plus what happens if per chance you screw this up and mess up the paint job will your warranty cover it? This is the dealers problem.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Personally I'd skip Goo Gone, WD40, etc. Buy an eraser wheel for your drill, any parts of the decal that doesn't come off easily, the wheel will make it and the adhesive disappear.

I've used this 3M one as well as the knockoff of it. 3M works better and IMO I'd stick with name brand on new paint.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously...All you need to do, is put a hair dryer on high heat (safer than a heat gun)..>Start at an edge...Heat it up and start peeling. If you can peel straight forward as opposed to lifting away, it is less likely to tear and comes off easier. Just keep the dryer on the section if front of you to warm it up as you work your way across. It will peel off very easily. If you OVER heat it, it will just keep tearing the vinyl as you pull it off.

Afterwards...No need to use anything harsh. Any liquid, or old carnauba wax, has petroleum distillates in it, and will dissolve any small adhesive residue and is totally safe.

Good luck!
DC

Mwadsworth

Reaction score
So my buddy just received two 2021 37 package with $2000 of decals on each. Day two they pulled them off both trucks, no problem, no heatgun, no hair dryer and no chimicals. They just came right off with a little pulling. Just FYI and always take your time.

OP
OP
MookeyB37

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I’ll prob do this Thursday as it’s supposed to get into the 60s here… it’s 18 today. (Jersey weather is bipolar)

Rnr

Reaction score
I worked graphics removal into my purchase deal when I bought my 2020 (in March of 2020, just before the pandemic really hit...dealer inventory, not an order). They had their 'go-to' detail, body, tint shop do it.

OP
OP
MookeyB37

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just banged this out… bought a harbor freight heat gun for $19 and barely heated them up. They came right off and left no residue/glue behind at all. Took 40 mins total