GEN 2 Graphics removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, my buddy and I were talking about removing the 3M yellowed “protectant” stuff on our P-cars and he mentioned using a steamer. I just so happen to have a commercial garment steamer and I had just the job for it. I didn’t buy my Raptor for the graphics the previous owner had on the truck (see first picture/aka Stormtrooper edition) I can not believe how easily they came off and it was fairly cold for Virginia when I did it. There was some slight residue from the decal adhesive but that was easily removed by some 3M Adhesive Remover and a microfiber cloth. The White “FORD” lettering, the hash marks, and the drivers/passenger/center hood stripes were all removed in less than an hour. Oh, and also a dealership decal on the tailgate. If you have access to a steamer and need to remove decals/graphics, give it a go. Disclaimer; I will mention that steam is very hot and could very easily damage plastic if you do not know what you’re doing and are not careful.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1194.png
    IMG_1194.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1187.jpeg
    IMG_1187.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg