Graphics or No Graphics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my blue Raptor for a year now.

I've had the graphics for a year.

Trying to decide if I want to keep them on or take them off.

Opinions?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i like both looks pretty equally, since u already have em on u might as well keep em

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't personally care for them but to each his own.

I do wonder if it's worth considering taking them off at this point since I assume the sun's UV rays will have baked the graphics on, made them brittle and very difficult to remove and even protected the paint underneath the graphics as compared to the rest of the paint.

OP
OP
xBX

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't personally care for them but to each his own.

I do wonder if it's worth considering taking them off at this point since I assume the sun's UV rays will have baked the graphics on, made them brittle and very difficult to remove and even protected the paint underneath the graphics as compared to the rest of the paint.

That is something to think about....... Anyone know the answer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you kept your truck waxed, the decal should peel off just fine. I peeled the pinstripes off my 00 HD truck when it was 7 or 8 years old and they peeled off like they were put on last week because I always kept the truck waxed, they didn't break apart at all. Then i've removed pinstripes from cars that were 1 year old and they broke off in 1/8" little pieces the entire way because they were cracked and dry from never once seeing wax.

as for fading, it should be very minimal for only a year or two old truck. after 7 years on black when I removed my pinstripe I had a very minimal amount of ghosting, and my truck was outdoors 24/7/365. 1-2 years old you may see a very very very faint ghosting but that will also fade away as well and match.