Grand Canyon North Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing special about these pics. But had a blast with my two boys on our annual summer road trip - this year we went to the North Rim.

On the road back from Pt. Sublime. 18 miles one way; took us an hour. Views were worth it.

IMG_1849.jpg

The road to Toroweap. Speed limit 35 mph. Ha ha ha. Let's just say we probably made it there in record time.

IMG_1861.jpg

In Hack Canyon (on the way to Toroweap). Cool to drive down the middle of a canyon that ultimately feeds into the Grand.

IMG_1864.jpg

The sign at Toroweap (or Tuweep). Only about 2 miles to the edge from here. But they made you earn it.

IMG_1906.jpg

My oldest peaking over the edge at Toroweap. Probably 2000+ feet straight down from there. Pretty cool. I thought his shirt selection for the day was perfect considering the drive out. He also got to drive the Raptor for the first time. Got it up to 50 mph. 12 years old in September so he thought driving was awesome. Kept asking to drive the rest of the trip as if he was now ready for anything. Ha.

IMG_1897.jpg

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That last picture is breath taking, looks like a painting. My next Vegas trip Im going to do a Grand Canyon trip, unfortunatly I wont have a Raptor to do it in. Do they rent Raptors in Vegas?

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How close to the off road trails actually get you to those canyon views? Right near it?

At both Pt Sublime and Toroweap, I could have driven the truck right off the edge. Pretty crazy how close you can get.

Parked at Pt. Sublime:

2012-07-03_14-26-54_951.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That last picture is breath taking, looks like a painting. My next Vegas trip Im going to do a Grand Canyon trip, unfortunatly I wont have a Raptor to do it in. Do they rent Raptors in Vegas?

My dad and brother took a helicopter tour of the canyon from Vegas. Said it was awesome.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Hmmm....may have to talk to the wife about s road trip. We've done the south rim but not the north. Great pics!

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple more pics.

On the back porch of the North Rim Lodge watching the sunset. Watched it every night and it never got old. Amazing view. Went perfectly with a North Rim Lager (or two, or three. . .)

2012-07-05_19-33-49_627.jpg

The oldest before his first driving lesson. The seat can't get any closer.

2012-07-04_17-05-30_22.jpg