Spring in July at The North Rim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
When I went to explore the "big ditch" I was amazed at the change in climate between the north and south rim. You hope across and go from pine forest to desert. I was on my V65 Maga for the trip and really noticed the loss of power traveling to the north rim as I went over some mtn passes that were over 9000 ft elevation. My guess is Raptor don't care as the turbo system compensates automatically. Note to people who have NOT been there. I don't care how many photos or videos you have seen, nothing compares to in person. You need to "feel" how big that ditch is as you look into it. Wonderful experience!
I agree 100% you must feel the land to really experience it.
Head West my friends…Head West…

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Dann John, Beautiful photos, thanks for your efforts.

Dang, I'm going to have to start traveling.

I love taking photos too although I'm an amateur, I do have a nice Cannon 80 with 5 lenses, a nice 420, (if I remember correctly), flash or may a 270? Some nice tripods.

See Amateur!

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.....something in the back of my mind. Seems I have a photo in my mind of a place on the north rim were a quite large rock juts out over the big ditch. I was shaped kina like a submarine "breaching". It had a placard of some sort. See anything like that John?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome pics, I never made it to that side when I was there. I agree, it's one of those things you have to be there to appreciate it. When I was looking into the bottom of the canyon, even in person, I underestimated how deep it was until I realized the TINY little dots you could just barely see moving at the bottom were people!

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
.....something in the back of my mind. Seems I have a photo in my mind of a place on the north rim were a quite large rock juts out over the big ditch. I was shaped kina like a submarine "breaching". It had a placard of some sort. See anything like that John?
I’ve heard of that but I haven’t seen it. Is it down the Brite Angle Trail?

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Awesome pics, I never made it to that side when I was there. I agree, it's one of those things you have to be there to appreciate it. When I was looking into the bottom of the canyon, even in person, I underestimated how deep it was until I realized the TINY little dots you could just barely see moving at the bottom were people!
Certain things make you realize how insignificant we really are in the Big Picture..
Yosemite Falls, Sequoia’s and Redwoods The Grand Canyon…Ok, everyone of our National Parks :)EAC699F8-70F3-4492-9531-BE21F1C10AA7.jpeg18CD84CA-0654-4F40-9753-D7BCF7E22D2E.jpegAF1A16A1-9F3F-48D0-90F0-7A23E04C1CB1.jpeg01D1C801-882F-4C2E-B621-0C27CB0FC68A.jpeg8D417D0A-DF77-40F8-B867-C0C8CA6E617A.jpeg