Got My truck thursday...ATF on the drive!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got my truck on thrusday...I am really happy with the truck. It looks amazing, the ride is awesome, and the options are perfect!

Long story short i walked outside to i nice red puddle under the car. I tracked it down to a trans cooler fitting. It looks like ford didn't properly seat one of the hoses on the trans cooler. I was cleaning trans fluid off of my skid plates and radiator after 3 days of ownership. Not to mention its on my driveway. Not to happy with Ford on that one..i am just glad that i was able to fix it without having to go to the dealer.

Ill post some pics as i get them.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Enjoy. I would have taken it to the dealer and had them fix it for free. Some thing new should run like new and not have faults IMO..

Post up some pics!!

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So i got my truck on thrusday...I am really happy with the truck. It looks amazing, the ride is awesome, and the options are perfect!

Long story short i walked outside to i nice red puddle under the car. I tracked it down to a trans cooler fitting. It looks like ford didn't properly seat one of the hoses on the trans cooler. I was cleaning trans fluid off of my skid plates and radiator after 3 days of ownership. Not to mention its on my driveway. Not to happy with Ford on that one..i am just glad that i was able to fix it without having to go to the dealer.

Ill post some pics as i get them.

Mine weeped at first. I wiggled it around and it went away. Mine was up front top.
BDRAG

OP
OP
J

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine weeped at first. I wiggled it around and it went away. Mine was up front top.
BDRAG

Mine was in the same area. It looked like the clamp was riding on the barb and not in the valley, and i was gonna bring it to the dealer, but the last thing i want to do is have work done on the truck by someone other than myself unless it is absolutely necessary.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer guys. Not just so it's fixed but also documented! This way they can make the adjustment at the factory before more go out messed up by the one depressed guy (or robot) working the line.

I agree that there should be no excuses for this brand new truck(s) b/c it's been out 3-4 years. If a first year model, ok. But the 2012 isnt 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd year.

I'm driving mine from dealer 1K miles back to CA in late Janaury....I better not have an issue in the middle of nowhere!

However, I feel your pain. I ordered a new Audi RS4 back in '06 ($75K+ car) and within one week I had an oil type leak up front. Pissed. I think it was from the oil cooler or something. It was stripped at the fitting thaks to the factory, thus, leaking.

Had to order new part from RS4 in Germany AKA TOOK 2 weeks!

My Audi was #007 VIN. First 6 were test models. So the dealer and regional rep attributed the leaking error to such a new/young vehicle. But it was noted and fixed with Audi in Germany.

The '06 RS4 only lasted 2 years btw. Great car but poppy faulty floating brakes and issues like the one I just described--all took me back to American cars!

Now to hear this on the toughest American car I could find...blows. I'm still very stoked about my raptor, just had a bad flashback AND I hope I dont hear more about this.

And yes, it probably happened from a worker rushing the line since it wasn't an issue the last 3 years or if it was....we didnt hear about it b/c folks fixed it themselves instead of taking it to dealer. Hints...go to dealer and dont be ashamed. Trust me, they will jump!!

Last edited:

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
That sure sucks, but it's not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. When I took possession of my truck a year ago I had to contend with four months of a loudly clunking driveshaft. Ford fixed it and now I'm happy.
Welcome!