GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
COBB (Carbon) Intake realeased!

socal raptor

Reaction score
Hi @GooseTuned I’ve had your stage 2 91 tune for a while now. Everything is running great. The only thing that bothers me is after a while when I don’t have the access port plugged in the throttle response resets to zero. I set it to four and after a couple days it’s back at zero. Can this be added into your tune?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @GooseTuned I’ve had your stage 2 91 tune for a while now. Everything is running great. The only thing that bothers me is after a while when I don’t have the access port plugged in the throttle response resets to zero. I set it to four and after a couple days it’s back at zero. Can this be added into your tune?
Update your Accessport. There was supposed to be a fix for that a couple months back.

But yes, I can add that to my mapping. Shoot me an email and I’ll get that over to you!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So for the past few months, we've been working on bigger turbos for the 21-22 Ford Raptor Gen 3, on our in-house development truck.

CR Performance Engineering had made the first set of stage 4 turbos that they sent us to test. We put them on the dyno back in July with only ID1050cc injectors, the COBB Front Mount Intercooler, and E85 fuel. The results were not as expected, we knew there were restrictions in the stock exhaust (downpipes) and intake. The truck was tapped out at 545whp 559wt, at 23psi.

Finally SPD Performance released their ALPHA Catted downpipes the same week COBB Tuning released their cold air intake! We knew it was time to get back on the dyno with no restrictions. So we purchased some K&N boost tubes and had Rigo Built throw it all in for us (in 24hrs mind you!).

The results were finally as expected, and only at 23psi:

622whp and 603wtq!!!

MODS:

COBB Accessport tuning device
ID1050cc Injectors
CRP Stage 4 turbos
COBB Front Mount Intercooler
COBB Cold Air Intake
SPD Catted downpipes
K&N Boost tubes
E85 fuel

I wanted to see how well the downpipes flowed and with 0 tuning changes the truck picked up 40whp instantly. So they absolutely work well, and are catted at that!

The COBB intake is beautiful and flows just as well as it looks!

The dyno chart is also perfect, torque is well under control and power hits its peak at redline; I couldn't be any happier!

As soon as CRP has some Stage 5 for us to get our hands on, we will throw them on and continue testing, but for now we are all out of air. Anymore boost created a choke point, and the truck lost power.

STILL NO 2023 support, but we are still hopeful!

It's hard to believe that I've almost been tuning this Gen 3 platform for almost 1 full year, and already up 250whp+ over stock! Can't wait to see this platform make more!

If you guys have anymore questions, please ask! VLOG coming soon!

Dyno CRP BT CAI E85.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 7.31.16 PM.png

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy how much the dp do for the gen 3 vs how little they apparently do for the gen 2. All the emissions changes are crazy