GOODYEAR, KELLEY, DUNLOP or WHOEVER MAKE"S THESE. I HAVE THEM FRIDAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow very nice I'm kinda impressed about the good reviews I've been reading on these and for that price hell it's way cheaper then the toyo open county's I've been tryin to talk myself out of buying haha I'm seriously considering these once my new
Method runs get here please PLEASE let us know how these handle both on and off road great find man :waytogo:

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Here be some pics......

Same here. I like em too. Good luck BD, be sure to post some pics after you mount em!! :peace:

Here are some pics of the tires installed. Truck drives fine with 4 of them on. When I had them put on yesterday the tire tech did not like the amount of weight two the the tires were gonna require to balance out. So two more were ordered and I had them installed today. Drives good so far in the rain. The truck seems way softer than it did on the BFG's.

I am not worried about MY use of these since 98% of my driving is on roads. If your an off roader you will find that these will prolly give out on the side walls since they seem real soft. Only 2 ply I believe. We will see in April. I sold my take off's to a kid at anothe tire store for $200. They had about 1/4 inch of rubber left.

We will see how these do. I think one of them took a lot of weight but the way these guy's balanced them don't make sense to me. Weights on the inside and outside of the wheel 180 degrees apart????? It drives good.

BDRAG

Attachments

• NEW TIRES on RAP 002.jpg
    NEW TIRES on RAP 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 96
  • NEW TIRES on RAP 005.jpg
    NEW TIRES on RAP 005.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 103
  • NEW TIRES on RAP 007.jpg
    NEW TIRES on RAP 007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 102
  • NEW TIRES on RAP 008.jpg
    NEW TIRES on RAP 008.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 99
  • NEW TIRES on RAP 006.jpg
    NEW TIRES on RAP 006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 95

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They look good. I'd get a bump up to the middle perch if I were you. Definitely before April. Rock n Roll Offroad does it in about 2-3 hours for $250 out the door.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will see how these do. I think one of them took a lot of weight but the way these guy's balanced them don't make sense to me. Weights on the inside and outside of the wheel 180 degrees apart????? It drives good.

BDRAG

When ever the weight exceeds 4oz., it should be split to each side of wheel otherwise
the weights would not be balanced equally to the width of wheel.

If tire takes excessive weight to balance, some guys will break the bead,
rotate tire 180* opposite to the excessive weight, then, rebalance.
I've seen this method reduce an '8+ oz. balance', down to 2 oz.. :shocked:

If you want to "go all out" . . you could get a "road-force-balance".
It's more expensive and as the tire wears, it will probably need to be rebalance anyway.

Some tires are cheaper because . . :think:. . they're cheap . . . and the mfg specs are not "as tight" as others. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Tires in picture look pretty gnarly.
Good info - for those of us that do not have a desert to baja in -
-thanks for sharing. :waytogo:

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
They look good. I'd get a bump up to the middle perch if I were you. Definitely before April. Rock n Roll Offroad does it in about 2-3 hours for $250 out the door.

Man I love my cowboy cadillac though. I was talkin at Steve Friday eve and he said his went to top perch and its a bouncin MFer. Said its real stiff now. I now middle perch would be better but we will see. If I go middle perch and have my trailer hooked up ad a bike in the bed it would be way up in the front.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

When ever the weight exceeds 4oz., it should be split to each side of wheel otherwise
the weights would not be balanced equally to the width of wheel.

If tire takes excessive weight to balance, some guys will break the bead,
rotate tire 180* opposite to the excessive weight, then, rebalance.
I've seen this method reduce an '8+ oz. balance', down to 2 oz.. :shocked:

If you want to "go all out" . . you could get a "road-force-balance".
It's more expensive and as the tire wears, it will probably need to be rebalance anyway.

Some tires are cheaper because . . :think:. . they're cheap . . . and the mfg specs are not "as tight" as others. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Tires in picture look pretty gnarly.
Good info - for those of us that do not have a desert to baja in -
-thanks for sharing. :waytogo:

Yhe tech did spin them around and it helped some on one but one of the ones that went back was an EGG! HAHhahaaa. As far as the weights, I am use to doing my own motorcycle tires and balancing. I know its not the same but the weight goes opposit of the heavy spot. These guys have weights at OPPOSIT ends of the tire? If the trucks on the ground and the weights on the outside are at the top, there are weights on the inside at the bottom! Seems like it would be better to use stick ons in the center in one spot!

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Those look good bd! Are they noisy?

Right now they are quiet as a street tire. Give them a few miles and we will see. There are some slash cuts in the tread blocks that the tech claims are to reduce noise. Does seem that the truck does not roll as free. They do look good on the truck!

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

It was kinda weird. Only had the rears on and went for breakfast in the rain. The tires are almost 1/2 inch taller than the BFG's which were also worn off by 3/8 of an inch, so when I was stopping in the wet the anti lock brakes were freaking out cause the wheels were turning at diffent speeds I guess. Fine with all 4 on. HAhahaa. Wife said the truck with just the new tires on the rear looked real Billy Bob! AHhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG