Good Bye Raptor Hello Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a bronco. Way way more cab space in the raptor. You’re gonna miss that bed also. Maybe go test drive one first. You may reconsider also when you fold the seat down in a bronco they don’t lay flat and there’s a big hump. My Great Dane isn’t a fan.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I don't know what I'd do without a truck - during covid my water heater ate shit, needed new ovens, dishwasher etc. Would have had to have rented a uhaul - **** that.
Had to deal with that several times lately and hard to justify hauling stuff home in the Raptor when all the stores include delivery and set everything in place for no extra charge. My SO picked out the absolute largest W/D combo you can buy and I watched two young men struggle to get them inside.

That's the job I had in college. I'll let someone else do it now.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to deal with that several times lately and hard to justify hauling stuff home in the Raptor when all the stores include delivery and set everything in place for no extra charge. My SO picked out the absolute largest W/D combo you can buy and I watched two young men struggle to get them inside.

That's the job I had in college. I'll let someone else do it now.
You try living without hot water for a few days while you wait for delivery...

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've driven a Bronco Badlands (with soft top and 35" BFGs) a few times. Yes its cool and looks great, and yes the interior is on par with Gen 3, but I feel that my Gen 2 drives better. Hard to explain, but to me the raptor feels smoother, and more stable. Maybe it was because of the soft top and all the wind noise I heard over 50mph, but I was underwhelmed by the Bronco. It made me like my raptor even more.

STHenry

Reaction score
We have both the Raptor and a Bronco. The Bronco is DD and much easier to park. If you are looking for a smaller SUV the Bronco might fit the bill. I agree way more room in back of the Raptor. I like the interior of the Raptor over the Bronco but that might be because we did not add the lux package. It's just a DD.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't own anything but a truck....or at least have a truck due to having a family and the usefulness of a truck. I get the truck is wide but it sure is awesome lol. A bronco is like a jeep to me...useless. like another said...2 kids in cars seats and a dog...crowded. ill take cab space and the true ability to know I can go to home depot and load up whatever I need to within reason without a trailer anytime. But its your family and your decision, we might pick on you for it but it's all in good fun lol. You have a horse with the raptor...you will have a small pony with the bronco.

rbraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Diamondback tonneau cover specifically because I wanted more covered storage space. I love it. We have trouble all fitting in anything but a minivan now though…newborn, 9 year old, 2 big dogs, wife, and me. However, unless my wife is up for trading her Tesla for a minivan (she’s not), we’ll have to cram everyone inside.

cplreyes

Reaction score
I just let go of my fully built supercharged challenger because it wasn’t seeing any drive time. Like someone said here, it was time to let someone else enjoy it. I drive my raptor everywhere. So, I have an extended cab raptor, 2019, and it drives like a car on the road and like a raptor off road. Maybe it’s the single cab platform that it’s on, but it doesn’t look or feel huge. It doesn’t stick out of parking spaces. It’s so nimble. My wife drives a sienna van which she loves. Maybe trading down to an extended cab raptor would be better?