Good Bye Raptor Hello Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha we must be twins!
I have the raptor and the LR4 for the wife
I agree if you own a house you will always need a pickup, even though the raptor is more then enough for a family hauler the wife loves the land rovers when we go on road trips.

As for the OP, the bronco is pretty small, it’s the same exact chassis, motor, don’t quote me but pretty sure same transmission as the Land Rover Defender (new version) just without the price hike. The defender will be leeps and bounds ahead of the bronco when it comes to road manners on and off. As well as interior, but keep in mind they are both pretty small. Just my opinion but the defender is much more sexy

That being said, you should definitely go to one of the local stealerships and test drive them. Just make sure to bring the wife and kids along and test fit the car seats, and make sure there’s enough room that will suit your needs. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the bronco but I’m 100% positive you’ll say to yourself every day “why the eff did I get rid of the raptor!”
0.00000% chance the Land Rover will or would be “leaps & bounds” ahead of the Bronco offroad. Not on this planet, not in this metaverse lol….you probably didn’t mean to say that, I’m sure you meant ON road

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
The only thing my wife’s Range Rover has over the Raptor is it's a supercharged V8. Well, the kids like the big screens in the back. The ice box is usless.

Aboshi

Reaction score
The only thing my wife’s Range Rover has over the Raptor is it's a supercharged V8. Well, the kids like the big screens in the back. The ice box is usless.
Ha I had to get rid of my 2011 & 2013 SC Range Rovers due to the timing chain like on 99% of all the 5.0 SC :(
Both went on me between 70-100k
Knock on wood the LR4 is still alive and kicking with the 5.0 and just turned over 170k

sinstrex

Reaction score
Exact same situation as yours.

- Dream Truck
- Married with 2 kids (5 & 2)

For a while I thought the truck was huge but then I got used to it. I love the Bronco especially the 4 door with sasquatch package.

Reasons I am going to keep the Raptor:
- The kids love it. My little one just started talking and one of the things he says most often “wheres the truck”
- it is absolutely the best thing you can drive on the road. Has the comfort of an S class, road respect of a G Wagon and power of an American Muscle.
- Anything above $20,000 is too expensive to properly offroad. By proper I mean “sending it” to the moon. I still take the Raptor offroad every weekend for the family trips. Put all the camping stuff in the bed and hit the road for the dunes. Nothing that would break it and my heart. I have another offroad car which costed me $20k all inclusive. King suspension, beadlock wheels, all the other mods one would need to offroad properly. If I break something - i dont pay as much to fix and it doesnt hurt its resale or break my heart thrashing a brand new car.

To each his own but I would think “what do i really want?” Now if you really want to buy the bronco because you want to try something else then its different :)

So I have a 2020 Raptor. IT was my dream truck. BUt the reality is Its been off road maybe 2x its pretty huge and can be annoying in that sense. Its still the most badass truck out there.

I bought in April 2020 and got a pretty smokin deal. I thought about a regular truck for regular truck use but A Ram or GMC is still mid $60's new. Not even sure I want a truck at this point.

I finally saw a Bronco up close and it was pretty sweet!

Family situation.....Married, 2 boys (5&2) and a dog. Live in the country a bit with windy roads occasional weekend trips. Truck is good for that but wife also hates driving the truck and not having much internal covered space.

Curious thoughts?

Last edited:

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You try living without hot water for a few days while you wait for delivery...
I think I'd survive either way but it's unlikely to be a problem as it makes way more sense to install a second $1k WH in parallel rather than keep a $75k truck around just in case.

Or I could pick it up with my Ford Edge that would arguably haul a water heater better than my Raptor with Retrax + bike rack + bed rack (soon) installed.

Or you could just call Lowe's and they'll be out later that day to replace.

Anyway, just pointing out that many of us didn't buy Raptors because of their hauling ability and the water heater scenario isn't exactly a real scary proposition.
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.58.53 PM.png