Good Bye Raptor Hello Bronco?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having a truck there is no way I would go back to an SUV as a DD.

The raptor is an absolute blast though, comfort of a bmw, performance is awesome for what it is, and I can still haul my junk around.

Broncos are sweet, but small. Too small for my wife and I and our son. I sold my JLU rubicon for the raptor because it was just too small.

bled656

Reaction score
I have a bronco 4 door badlands and i love it, 2 kids 6 and 7 and they fit just fine, trunk is not the biggest and so that’s why i have a raptor coming (just sold my 21’ f150) sometimes i just need more space!

Aboshi

Reaction score
Really comes down tonyour family needs that we can not answer for you.

I have my Raptor, wife has her Range Rover. Depending on what we are doing will determine which vehicle we take for the day. I will never not own a truck. If you have a house, you need a truck. But that's my small brain thinking. I'm sure that a Prius can haul sheetrock just fine.
Ha we must be twins!
I have the raptor and the LR4 for the wife
I agree if you own a house you will always need a pickup, even though the raptor is more then enough for a family hauler the wife loves the land rovers when we go on road trips.

As for the OP, the bronco is pretty small, it’s the same exact chassis, motor, don’t quote me but pretty sure same transmission as the Land Rover Defender (new version) just without the price hike. The defender will be leeps and bounds ahead of the bronco when it comes to road manners on and off. As well as interior, but keep in mind they are both pretty small. Just my opinion but the defender is much more sexy

That being said, you should definitely go to one of the local stealerships and test drive them. Just make sure to bring the wife and kids along and test fit the car seats, and make sure there’s enough room that will suit your needs. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the bronco but I’m 100% positive you’ll say to yourself every day “why the eff did I get rid of the raptor!”

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
…and yet another thread of someone seeking the internet to make up their personal mind for them.
Good luck telling your wife your decision is based on a bunch of random opinions from strangers!
:rolleyes:

Perhaps he doesn't know a lot of people IRL who are familiar with both Raptor and Bronco to give a somewhat objective opinion?

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps he doesn't know a lot of people IRL who are familiar with both Raptor and Bronco to give a somewhat objective opinion?
Raptor was his dream truck.
Only off-roaded two times.
Not sure he even wants a truck.
Wife hates the truck.

Plenty of objective articles about both vehicles out there, sounds like it’s his wife’s decision anyways. Maybe we need to see a picture of his wife to see what he’s up against?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Forget bout bronco vs raptor, the truth of the matter is- you’re either a “truck guy”
Or you’re not. And that’s not meant to offend or really even define anything, it’s just a statement…take it as you wish.

That being said, there’s NOTHING that a full size truck cant do that an SUV can other than haul 1 more person legally, other than that? Truck wins in every other category, period.

That being said- personal situation as such- 2 boys 3 & 7, 2 Dobermans, wife has an MDX, my dd is the Raptor, we have 2 waverunners we tow w/ Raptor, I have a crazy built blown cammed Z06 as my “fun” car & currently looking for a new Civic Si 4 door stickshift to be my “second dd” that’ll turn into the main dd for me.

Point is….as awesome an overall dd as the Raptor is, nothings perfect. I’m the last guy you should ask…can’t make my mind up lol