Gone from the geiser, upgraded leaf setup to 3.0 option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cant speak for the Icons or Kings, but the Fox 3.0 front coilovers come from Fox set at 2" higher than OEM. Regardless of which shocks you opt with, replacement leaf springs are still highly recommenced and are needed to alleviate axle wrap.

I started with Eibachs and 35s, then went to 37s and now are riding on Fox 3.0s and 37s.View attachment 133029
How do you like those tires vs stock ? Thinking of those or the ATZ p3 .

How much of an improvement are the 3.0s in terms of off and on road ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankfd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deavers +3 and KRazy house customers torque arm will be my first upgrades when I get my truck hopefully by late December will see

OP
OP
RaptorUtah

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like those tires vs stock ? Thinking of those or the ATZ p3 .

How much of an improvement are the 3.0s in terms of off and on road ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was back and forth on the geiser to 3.0 upgrade. I went with the kings and they are solid! Huge improvement.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So would you guys who have gone through multiple suspension changes would you recommend not messing around w/ eibach/geiser springs in front & instead wait to go w/ a better adjustable setup to get some extra ride height when the time comes that the stock shocks need rebuild/replace?

OP
OP
RaptorUtah

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would you guys who have gone through multiple suspension changes would you recommend not messing around w/ eibach/geiser springs in front & instead wait to go w/ a better adjustable setup to get some extra ride height when the time comes that the stock shocks need rebuild/replace?

If you can swing the upgrade, don't waste your time with the springs... you'll likely end up going with 3.0's down the road.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can swing the upgrade, don't waste your time with the springs... you'll likely end up going with 3.0's down the road.

I thought about it some more & came to the conclusion Based on my usage (70% on road w/ off-road being gutted logging roads, gravel, open fields & using truck to tow jet skis/utility trailer occasionally & having 500+ lbs in bed few times a month) & still got probably 2 years of use before stock shocks need a rebuild & since it seems like no matter what route you take adding upgraded rear leafs is going to be part of the equation & they’ll help in “regular” truck duties like towing/payload I’ll save up for deaver +3s & just throw a set of eibach springs on for the time being since they’re relatively cheap (cheaper than collars) & I could always sell after I take em off to recoup some cost.

Last question- does anyone run a setup w/ icon/fox/king adjustable 3.0s in front, w/ deaver +3 + bump stops & STOCK rear shocks? I feel like the adjustable 3.0 rears May be overkill for what I’m using the truck for but like the added height & improvement in ride/braking/handling you can get w/ the 3.0s in front.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a guy who has a set of used 3.0's on sale for $4,500. Snatch them up!

I did everything you asked in the above post, but added in the rears. Well worth it! A much better ride

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People who are asking about doing collars/springs up front should skip that part and go straight to your favorite flavor of 3.0 and deaver rear springs. It transforms the truck in a way you have to experience, it’s that good. Save your stock shocks for rebuild time. The rear shocks are super easy to install too so if you do it yourself you can save a bit of $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People who are asking about doing collars/springs up front should skip that part and go straight to your favorite flavor of 3.0 and deaver rear springs. It transforms the truck in a way you have to experience, it’s that good. Save your stock shocks for rebuild time. The rear shocks are super easy to install too so if you do it yourself you can save a bit of $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol well considering adjustable 3.0 fronts alone will run ya 15x the cost of eibach springs & most people on this forum don’t have enough miles on their stock shocks to even warrant replacement that’s probably why they’d be leaning toward that first like me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter