Gone from the geiser, upgraded leaf setup to 3.0 option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done an extremely thorough search on the forum and read everything that I could find on this topic.

I'm looking for those that have gone from the Geiser + rear leaf setup and upgraded even further to a 3.0 option, King or Fox.

I feel like my geiser option is a bit stiff up front and it really jolts the cabin when I hit bumps on the road.

I have the geisers up front with icon rear leafs in the back on option 1, as they come shipped. Running 35x12.5/18 ridge grapplers.

Offroad is rough when I hit any kind of rock or bump in the trail. If it's not soft dirt or sand, it hits hard... this is even after airing down.

How big of an upgrade would it be to go from my geiser setup to the 3.0 setup? Anyone been through this?

I know some people talk about the stock feel being "too soft" and "floaty", but I am looking to regain some of that.

Thanks

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done an extremely thorough search on the forum and read everything that I could find on this topic.

I'm looking for those that have gone from the Geiser + rear leaf setup and upgraded even further to a 3.0 option, King or Fox.

I feel like my geiser option is a bit stiff up front and it really jolts the cabin when I hit bumps on the road.

I have the geisers up front with icon rear leafs in the back on option 1, as they come shipped. Running 35x12.5/18 ridge grapplers.

Offroad is rough when I hit any kind of rock or bump in the trail. If it's not soft dirt or sand, it hits hard... this is even after airing down.

How big of an upgrade would it be to go from my geiser setup to the 3.0 setup? Anyone been through this?

I know some people talk about the stock feel being "too soft" and "floaty", but I am looking to regain some of that.

Thanks

The only thing I will tell you is imagine having a control on how soft and hard your want your shocks to be. That's exactly what the shocks will do.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
It is a pretty big upgrade once you get the suspension tuned.

you'll be pleased with what you get for your money.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going from stock springs up front with RPG 2" collars to King 3.0's. They go on this Friday and should have them in the dirt by Sunday. I will let you know what they feel like. I have been told they ride back like stock softness so to speak on the road. Off road its like night and day, but Ill see this weekend

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had RPG adjustable collars, geiser springs and now fox 3.0’s with icon leafs on option 1. If you’re debating getting the 3.0’s just get them. You won’t be disappointed granted you take the time to learn about compression and rebound adjustments.

I know a lot of people have good things to say about the geiser springs but they weren’t what I was looking for in terms of ride quality. They always felt over sprung and would blow through the rebound with ease. I never liked that.

I ride with all my 3.0 adjustments practically full open on the street. Except for in the rear where I have rebound dialed up just a tad to try and mitigate the rear end wallowing.

I’m happy with the performance of the 3.0’s. Let us know what you think when you get some miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RaptorUtah

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going from stock springs up front with RPG 2" collars to King 3.0's. They go on this Friday and should have them in the dirt by Sunday. I will let you know what they feel like. I have been told they ride back like stock softness so to speak on the road. Off road its like night and day, but Ill see this weekend

Sounds like we are in this together! I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

OP
OP
RaptorUtah

RaptorUtah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had RPG adjustable collars, geiser springs and now fox 3.0’s with icon leafs on option 1. If you’re debating getting the 3.0’s just get them. You won’t be disappointed granted you take the time to learn about compression and rebound adjustments.

I know a lot of people have good things to say about the geiser springs but they weren’t what I was looking for in terms of ride quality. They always felt over sprung and would blow through the rebound with ease. I never liked that.

I ride with all my 3.0 adjustments practically full open on the street. Except for in the rear where I have rebound dialed up just a tad to try and mitigate the rear end wallowing.

I’m happy with the performance of the 3.0’s. Let us know what you think when you get some miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I’m in the same boat as you! We tried the RPG collars on my dads gen 2, Geisers and rear leafs on my gen 2, and now KING 3.0s go on my truck tomorrow.

the Geisers were great but not that great. I wasn’t totally satisfied and felt like the truck should drive better than it did.

You’re right. The key will be learning how to dial these things in. This will be my first shock with these kinds of adjustment options. How did you learn how to adjust the rebound and compression levels? Was there a resource you used to learn about it? I honestly don’t know much at all.