Going from Geisers to something else - opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scmsltn

scmsltn

Reaction score
I've got collars and I'm removing them and going with eibachs since they are a linear spring instead of something progressive like the geiser springs. Just got my icon rear leafs so that's all getting swapped out here in a couple of weeks. If you want icon collars I'll sell you mine

How did the front feel with the collars, similar to factory? What did you have them set at? Are they the adjustable RPG ones?

thanks jeff

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'd go either the RPG adjustable collars or preferably the SVC collars.

RPG has stepped height adjustments. SVC's is a preload adjuster like aftermarket coilovers have. The ability to "tune" the preload to get the ride quality that you're looking for is a very good thing.

Thinking back to when I had adjustable collars, 1.5"-2.25" was buttery but without the nose dive. anything higher than 2.25 and It started to get too firm.

OP
OP
scmsltn

scmsltn

Reaction score
I'd go either the RPG adjustable collars or preferably the SVC collars.

RPG has stepped height adjustments. SVC's is a preload adjuster like aftermarket coilovers have. The ability to "tune" the preload to get the ride quality that you're looking for is a very good thing.

Thinking back to when I had adjustable collars, 1.5"-2.25" was buttery but without the nose dive. anything higher than 2.25 and It started to get too firm.

That’s great to hear since I won’t be more than 1.5”. Thanks.

OP
OP
scmsltn

scmsltn

Reaction score

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fir the suggestion but I have an 18 which doesn’t have those shocks
Haha, yeah guess that won’t work then. Sounds like you are going collars. I’m interested to see how you like those over the Giesers. Best of luck!

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 and had the RPG adjustable collars installed on my stock shocks. I had it set at what most will say is the max you should go at 2.5", but its actually a little more once measure, about 3". It was a little stiffer than stock, but it was still really good, and in my opinion handled real well. The cool thing about the RPG adjustable is you can take it up/down .5" intervals until your happy with ride and height. I have since changed to King 3.0's and its like a Cadillac to me now, but if you don't off road, don't waste your money on that big of an upgrade. Plus you can sell your Geisers in a minute on here.

OP
OP
scmsltn

scmsltn

Reaction score
I have a 17 and had the RPG adjustable collars installed on my stock shocks. I had it set at what most will say is the max you should go at 2.5", but its actually a little more once measure, about 3". It was a little stiffer than stock, but it was still really good, and in my opinion handled real well. The cool thing about the RPG adjustable is you can take it up/down .5" intervals until your happy with ride and height. I have since changed to King 3.0's and its like a Cadillac to me now, but if you don't off road, don't waste your money on that big of an upgrade. Plus you can sell your Geisers in a minute on here.

That is good to hear about the ride quality even with the 2.5" setting and since 17/18's have the same shocks. I will be at 1.5" collar and Option 1 on the Icon leafs (1" and stock spring rate). Really hoping I will be happy since I want the height without having to spend the money on the shocks. I will keep you guys updated...should be installed in about 10 days.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to hear about the ride quality even with the 2.5" setting and since 17/18's have the same shocks. I will be at 1.5" collar and Option 1 on the Icon leafs (1" and stock spring rate). Really hoping I will be happy since I want the height without having to spend the money on the shocks. I will keep you guys updated...should be installed in about 10 days.
Thats awesome. Hope its more what your looking for

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the front feel with the collars, similar to factory? What did you have them set at? Are they the adjustable RPG ones?

thanks jeff
They felt the same as factory, I had the icon adjustable collars set at 1.75 inches to level the truck