Glass fenders lets see them!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69SCJ

Reaction score
Agreed, anyone? Do the 35's look too small? Also, for those who have Boatec's on their daily driver....notice a difference when parking or seeing around the fenders?

My post on page 4 is with 35's. I'd like to get 37's when I'm ready for new tires. 37's bogging anybody down or performance still good?

Can't answer the question about visibility since they were on the truck when I got it. Nothing to compare to.

Added pic:
IMG_0241.jpg

Last edited:

paj1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4.5" flare

Not positive but pretty sure this truck has them. Totally unnecessary unless you have a crazy wide LT setup.

View attachment 22406

Would love to see some more pictures of these, front and back...

But I guess I am going to have to wait until mine are installed in a couple of weeks to see what they are going to look like...

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glassworks with liners, 37" Cooper St Maxx.

Attachments

• IMG_3636-Edit.jpg
    IMG_3636-Edit.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3640-Edit.jpg
    IMG_3640-Edit.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3629.jpg
    IMG_3629.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 116

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the fender flare trim piece on the aftermarket fiber glass fenders. Is it a separate piece like stock? or do the glass fenders come with it molded in and you have to paint it to look like the stock trim piece?

Thanks,
Scott

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the fender flare trim piece on the aftermarket fiber glass fenders. Is it a separate piece like stock? or do the glass fenders come with it molded in and you have to paint it to look like the stock trim piece?

Thanks,
Scott

Molded in and needs paint to match.

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it true that the boatec fenders have melted on people, i find this very hard to believe.....

Melted might not be the right word, but I did get one of the defective sets. When left in the sun they drastically warped then became very brittle and shattered.

image_zps914bbe1a.jpg

It took 3-4 months for boatec to send me a replacement set but the the fitment and finish on them was excellent. I wouldn't worry about ordering a new set from them now

702_Rider

Reaction score
Well that doesn't make me feel good, ****** things are $800 and I live in Las Vegas, a DESERT lol Im not trying to have fenders crack on me after spending all that money. Have they fixed this problem?

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that doesn't make me feel good, ****** things are $800 and I live in Las Vegas, a DESERT lol Im not trying to have fenders crack on me after spending all that money. Have they fixed this problem?

Yeah, they have since fixed the problem. I have a new set of boatecs on my truck and love them, 0 problems. Kirk at raptoraddict or TMX would have better insight on why they had a problem in the first place.

The fenders they're selling now are a good quality though.