Getting in line for 2022 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They never seem to know when they open. Last two raptors I ordered within couple days of orders being accepted and sales guy and managers both were both like oh we can do that now ? Amazing when it’s your job.
If the orders banks start mid Sept. Would they not start the builds until summer of next year? Or you think earlier?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nov 14 is last build day of 2021, theoretically starting nov 15 they will build 2022s only time will tell if keep cranking them out through the MY changeover. Iam guessing there will not be any changes from 2021 other a new color, maybe. These trucks should have all been 2022s from the start anyway.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and just to confirm, the build printout is the way to confirm my order had allocation?
I want to prevent a situation where I’ve put a deposit down when the dealership promises my order used one of their allocation, but in fact did not.

mpd510

Reaction score
and just to confirm, the build printout is the way to confirm my order had allocation?
I want to prevent a situation where I’ve put a deposit down when the dealership promises my order used one of their allocation, but in fact did not.
The build printout means nothing if the dealer does not allocation. As we have seen on this forum more than a few times. People have "ordered" and got the buildout sheet and find out later that Ford did not accept the order due to an allocation. See, what usually happens is this... The dealer gets let's pretend 10 allocations for X truck in Sept. They sell those and more expecting to get more allocation the next month. If they get the allocation then all is well in the truck world. However, if they don't get those allocations the next month you are SOL. Being that these are limited for 2021 ford only gave each dealer a set # and didn't add any later. 2022 may be diff and they get the monthly allotment. who knows?

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The build printout means nothing if the dealer does not allocation. As we have seen on this forum more than a few times. People have "ordered" and got the buildout sheet and find out later that Ford did not accept the order due to an allocation. See, what usually happens is this... The dealer gets let's pretend 10 allocations for X truck in Sept. They sell those and more expecting to get more allocation the next month. If they get the allocation then all is well in the truck world. However, if they don't get those allocations the next month you are SOL. Being that these are limited for 2021 ford only gave each dealer a set # and didn't add any later. 2022 may be diff and they get the monthly allotment. who knows?
So is there any way to confirm my order actually has allocation? Or just dealers word?

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or if there's a specific person I should be talking to when buying an allocation? or some contract I should be asking for? Or other questions, that'd be really helpful. Especially if order books open on the 15th!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the disappointment party bro! The more and more I talk to dealers and salesmen the more I’m not even expecting a 22 truck. At MSRP anyway. This launch has been a **** show. And the dealers are cashing in because of it. The only hope we have is that Ford held the 21 allocations low for a reason, and that 22’s will have a more normal release of allocations through 2022. But have you seen car lots? There’s no cars man. ANYWHERE.

someone I trust in the business told me he expects this BS for at least 5 years. Crazy times indeed

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the disappointment party bro! The more and more I talk to dealers and salesmen the more I’m not even expecting a 22 truck. At MSRP anyway. This launch has been a **** show. And the dealers are cashing in because of it. The only hope we have is that Ford held the 21 allocations low for a reason, and that 22’s will have a more normal release of allocations through 2022. But have you seen car lots? There’s no cars man. ANYWHERE.

someone I trust in the business told me he expects this BS for at least 5 years. Crazy times indeed
Crazy times is an understatement. Our car lots are empty around here too. I think I'll shoot for a '23, but even then, who knows what the landscape will look like.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or if there's a specific person I should be talking to when buying an allocation? or some contract I should be asking for? Or other questions, that'd be really helpful. Especially if order books open on the 15th!

Welcome to the Blue Oval family. Outside of getting your dealer to show you the correspondence with Ford indicating they have allocations and the number of orders they currently have placed, there is no way of knowing they have an allocation.

It's a cluster of epic proportions and it's worse due to the shortages.