Getting in line for 2022 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks, new prospective Raptor owner here. Looking to upgrade from my 2008 Tundra and have my eye on a Raptor. Wondering if there's anything special I should be doing in addition to getting on "the list" with dealerships for 2022 Raptors when the order banks open (Sept?).

I'm in the Bay Area, CA. If anyone has suggestions on which dealerships are best (lowest ADM) etc, it would be much appreciated!

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this...

Anything I should be doing to "hold" my spot?

Does anyone have a flow of the process for ordering? Have heard people mention build sheets, window sticker, build date, etc.

Apologies if these are dumb questions, but I couldn't seem to find this in my search.

laxmike32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this...

Anything I should be doing to "hold" my spot?

Does anyone have a flow of the process for ordering? Have heard people mention build sheets, window sticker, build date, etc.

Apologies if these are dumb questions, but I couldn't seem to find this in my search.
Once the order banks open start reaching out. Know what you want your build to be. if you find a good deal get the dealership to put it in writing with a copy of the build sheet/order attached. Some may require you to put a deposit down, I'd only do that if I had a deal written on paper.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Is the ideal situation that the dealer already has allocation? (Is that a question I should ask?)

Witt458

Reaction score
Thanks. Is the ideal situation that the dealer already has allocation? (Is that a question I should ask?)
Well the dealer will have to have an allocation for you to be able to order a truck (at least that's the way it should be. Some guys have been screwed by their dealer submitting their order for a truck without an allocation). If I were you, I would reach out to my dealer now and ask them to be put on the list for MY22 Raptors. That way, when the order banks open you can go in and build it out ASAP and almost guarantee yourself you will have one of their allocations. That is how I got my MY21 order. Dealer called me the day before the order banks opened and said he had 3 allocations. I went in first thing the next day and placed my order and paid a deposit.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As with most densely populated regions, you won’t find many dealerships in the Bay Area with low ADMs. You’d be much better off calling dealerships in neighboring states, especially if the dealers are not near urban centers. I also agree with everything @Witt458 said. I would call around and ask dealers if they’re keeping a list of customers interested in MY22 allocations. I doubt that any of the dealers received their MY22 allocations, but you want to be on the list if or when they get an allocation.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, next questions.

- How do I know when Order Banks open? Any way to proactively find out?
- If a dealer "promises" my order has allocation. How can I verify thats true?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sept 15 for MY 2022 builds as of now. Dealers should know soon about allocations. You will receive a build printout and then you can verify later on the Ford Performance Chat and that you build was accepted and is unscheduled waiting a build week. You will have an order number and dealer number on your build sheet ( forget what’s it called). You need these two numbers to check on the chat. Then check weekly for disappointment (hopefully not) And you will eventually get a build week.

OP
OP
Pitboss02

Pitboss02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sept 15 for MY 2022 builds as of now. Dealers should know soon about allocations. You will receive a build printout and then you can verify later on the Ford Performance Chat and that you build was accepted and is unscheduled waiting a build week. You will have an order number and dealer number on your build sheet ( forget what’s it called). You need these two numbers to check on the chat. Then check weekly for disappointment (hopefully not) And you will eventually get a build week.

ah, so literally like 2 weeks from now. I talked to ~10 dealerships today and none of them had an idea when order books would open. Thank you for the info, this is very helpful.