Getting correct format to change background

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ive been tryin to upload new background pics onto my dash and am having trouble. First tried with usb, that doesnt work. Went and bought blank dvds and burned pics onto them, that doesnt work. Just tells me bad disk or unsupported format. So read up on that and looks like it will only take iso9660 and not the udf format that comes on my dell laptop. Been downloading programs that say they change files to iso form bla bla, cant figure them out. So does anyone...know how to fix this issue on a dell using windows?

Thanks

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't help you with the DVD or USB, but I haven't had any issues at all with JPG and PNG files on a SD card. I did crop them before I copied to the SD card... pretty sure 800x384.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with the DVD or USB, but I haven't had any issues at all with JPG and PNG files on a SD card. I did crop them before I copied to the SD card... pretty sure 800x384.

I did the same, have changed a couple times, even my parents Explorer worked the same

Reaction score
Depending on the year of his Raptor he may not have an SD card slot; mine is a 2010 and it does not. ISO9660 is not a file format, it's a file system for a disk. It is the standard format for a CD, while UDF is the default for a DVD. If you nave Nero or some other disk burning program you should be able to force it to burn a DVD in ISO9660, but I don't know if the Nav unit will like it simply because it's the wrong format for a DVD. I would try a blank CD instead and burn them to that. I would think Windows would automatically burn it in ISO9660. If it doesn't you may need to download some CD mastering software that is a little more configurable than the built in Windows stuff.

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey glamisbound,
I'm not sure of the year of your Raptor but I believe older Raptors had a DVD drive but newer ones only have a CD player. I've got 801A on mine and it has USB, SD and A/V connections if you wanna hook up a DVD but the in dash deck is only CD. JPG is the best format file to use and if using a USB stick the file format must be RAW as opposed to NTFS. As stated before max res is 800x384. I've changed the screen image on mine a few times and its quite easy one you have the medium and file size correct.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 2011...no sd slot. So it matters if the disc itself is a dvd or cd?

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use either disc if your truck has a DVD drive. DVD is overkill though for small files. Does your 2011 have a USB? If so I'd use that. Just make sure it's not formatted NTFS.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has a , usb does not work. I also dont have a dvd player, just the cd player. So maybe i need to upload pics onto a blank cd and not a dvd?

ninjazed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The USB slot is inoperative or you can't get your thumb drive to work? If the slot is working then just make sure your thumb drive is formatted in FAT. If you can't or don't wanna do that then burn your pics onto a CD. Just make sure you "finalize" the disc as opposed to leaving it available to accept more data.